Collapse

Are these wedges conforming?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these wedges conforming?

So I got this set of wedges for free from a distant relative, got all new stuff and was just gonna toss them. The faces are still in surprisingly very good shape and the low bounce options would work well to add to my wedge set depending on the course and condition now as currently all my SM5 wedges are very high bounce. So anyways, are these Vokey's conforming to the groove rule? pet peeve of mine is to try and play all conforming equipment.

pics here

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Re: Are these wedges conforming?

Originally posted by sweetchilli View Post
    So anyways, are these Vokey's conforming to the groove rule? pet peeve of mine is to try and play all conforming equipment.
    Look for a C or CC stamped on the hosel.
    My guess the 252 is not, since it is probably the older 200 Series Vokey.
    Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
    Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
    Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
      Look for a C or CC stamped on the hosel.
      My guess the 252 is not, since it is probably the older 200 Series Vokey.
      None of them have C or CC stamped on the hosel.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

Comment

Unless you are playing in some high level amateur events I believe your wedges will be conforming for some time yet.
        The PGA of America is one of the world's largest sports organizations, composed of PGA of America Golf Professionals who work daily to grow interest and participation in the game of golf.

Comment

^^^^
          January 2024 -- If the USGA approves of the direction the new groove rule is taking.
          This is the first possible date that golfers will need to have the new grooves to post scores for handicap purposes.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Spin milled that have black in the stamping are not conforming. Red and gold are.

Comment

technically you're fine, as some state, till 2024.
              and for the rest of your playing days, or till they wear out, whichever comes first.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X