No announcement yet.
Collapse

Gary Player: Technology is destroying golf

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to drop all woods and just play irons. Or at least would like an irons only event.

Comment

Originally posted by ace in the hazard View Post
      Interesting read for those who wonder about the changes in tech,

http://www.golfwrx.com/477002/match-...-head-to-head/
      about what I expected. Blades from back then aren't likely too different then blades of today. But put those blades in a 15 capper and the difference will be a lot more than that. Forgiveability in irons is probably the biggest change.

Best line: "I buy way too many clubs. Like, it’s-a-problem-in-my-marriage amount of clubs."
      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Another old washed-up out of touch pro thinks the ball goes too far:

Find all the latest Golf news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

What's with the old guys? Maybe they should just keep quiet if they don't understand the game....
        "Confusion" will be my epitaph
        ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
          Another old washed-up out of touch pro thinks the ball goes too far:

Find all the latest Golf news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

What's with the old guys? Maybe they should just keep quiet if they don't understand the game....
          I wouldn't call Tiger washed up yet, he won what like 6 tournaments in 2013? But he is definitely trending in that direction. I'm surprised this came from him, honestly. But he has always been a bit of a purist (small blades, 50* PW loft, old school driver sizes, limited driver COR for him, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post

I wouldn't call Tiger washed up yet, he won what like 6 tournaments in 2013? But he is definitely trending in that direction. I'm surprised this came from him, honestly. But he has always been a bit of a purist (small blades, 50* PW loft, old school driver sizes, limited driver COR for him, etc.)
            Hah - I was just pushing the argument a little.

It's easy to say Gary is just an out of touch cranky old fart with no idea about "modern" golf.

Same thing with Jack. He may have played more golf and better golf than (almost?) anyone in history. He may be paid millions to actually design golf courses. But does he really understand the game? And let's not forget... he's old.

So when I saw Tiger saying they should limit the ball, I thought added some weight. It gets harder to say he too doesn't know the game.
            "Confusion" will be my epitaph
            ...Iggy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X