No announcement yet.
Collapse

Maltby DBM Irons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PX LZ shafts will be the price killer in Jason's build.
    Mizuno's free shaft upgrades are of great value if one wants something like an PX LZ, Recoil, etc, which are typically $60+ on their own , but not when one wants something like typical inexpensive S300.

My next set will be a Mizuno-ordered set with (probably) Recoil 95 F4, ordered +1" , specify the normal (heavier) A-weight head, and Lamkin grip. They would be sent to Dan to get disassembled, Spined, Butt-Trimmed, Tip-Weighted for Swing-Weight progression, TLT Lie-Angles, and gripped. I'd be okay with them not perfectly flex matched as with a 0.370 build with new shafts. So what started put as a factory-made set, assembled with no love, would be rebuilt by a highly competent builder who cares
    🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
    Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
    Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
    Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
    Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
    Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
    Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
    Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Yah i actually got a response from mizuno custom orders.

they wont build to obscure lengths as per phatchris reco in another post. They only do .25" increments. They did advise theyd gladly ship the clubs uncut and grips in box.

So that may be an option.

Comment

Is $1500 the right price for the Mizunos? Shipping included?

Comment

Yup. Well id not get the 3i and only do 4i to PW. So it would be less. Theyre 187$ per club

However when Golftown has its trade in days i could potentially just order them then. Ive got a few scraps lying around. Iirc the tradein bonus on irons is 150$ so...

I priced out a set of the maltbys. Theyd run me about 925 to 950$ plus tax and shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post

I priced out a set of the maltbys. Theyd run me about 925 to 950$ plus tax and shipping.
            They often have free shipping so I'd wait if you're going to go that route. I wonder if they run back Friday promos.

Comment

Thanks for that.

for anyone interested some comparison pics posted on a golfwrx thread i made. Man they look amazing. If they feel and sound as good as they look these may kick the mp18 out as a contender. Obvisouly have to perform decent aswell

Comment

A set of mint DBM heads 4-aw just sold on a US site for $110 shipped. They sold so quick i didnt even have a chance to email you
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I have a set of DBM's 4 to GW that Dan made for me early this year. You will not regret your choice if you buy these. They look good from any angle and at address. I use a steel wire golf brush to clean them on the course when they get muddy and the black color never fades and neither does the white lettering. Off hits are reasonably close to target where you can try and salvage a stoke and you will be able to tell you miss hit by both sound and feel.
                  I do find that they fly higher than my old clubs but I'm a high flight hitter. If your like me maybe Dan can make the loft a degree stronger. I was actually going to ask Dan to strengthen the lofts of my irons during the winter. I wonder if that's possible and by how much.
                  No matter what your choice is good. Enjoy

Comment

I LOVE the look of these irons... And after a full 1/2 season of playing the Sterlings Dan built I have no issue with recommending component over OEM brands (as long as a good builder puts them together). These sound like they have the performance to back up the looks.
                    Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                    Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                    Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                    Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail 25*
                    Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                    Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                    Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                    Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

JasonP, I have been using the DBM's that Dan made for me for a couple of seasons now. They have been fantastic. If you ever want to try them let me know, you are welcome to come to my home course and hit them as much as you like, hell we can go play 18 holes if you like.
                      Enjoy life NOW ladies and gentlemen, there is no second time around.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Jasonp, hope you enjoyed hitting those Maltby's today. It was cold and windy but hopefully you got something out of it
                          Enjoy life NOW ladies and gentlemen, there is no second time around.

Comment

Absolutely loved them. No doubt in my mind they will be my next iron head. Now its just figuring out what shaft will go with them.

Comment

Here is a set for 250, in Ottawa though.

Comment

Jason / L8NVR: what shaft was in your set ?
                                Did you hit them indoors in a Sim' or outdoors ?
                                What launch parameters are you after with a 6i -> ballspeed, peak height, spin, carry ?

- Andy
                                Last edited by ARL67; Nov 11, 2017, 08:19 AM.
                                🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                                Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                                Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
                                Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                                Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                                Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                                Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                                Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X