Collapse

TaylorMade M2 3 Wood caved in face - Help

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geeve1008 View Post

or you can throw a couple of pro vs in the freezer that should do the trick LOL...... you
    Couldn't I just use a couple of Warbirds or Pinnacles instead of Pro V's?
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
      Glad this story ended well for the op
      Thanks!!! Me too!

Comment

Yeaa just a heads up, it’s going to happen again. For some reason TM hasn’t been able to fix the problem which is really unfortunate cause it’s a great club. I’ve caved in 2 faces in the last two years in the exact same spots. It was pretty brutal cause for about 3-4 weeks I was out a 3-wood, mid summer. I’m hoping then can figure it out with the new M5 & M6. Cause I have a feeling my M4 isn’t going to last long.

Comment

Originally posted by zsanchez11 View Post
          Yeaa just a heads up, it’s going to happen again. For some reason TM hasn’t been able to fix the problem which is really unfortunate cause it’s a great club. I’ve caved in 2 faces in the last two years in the exact same spots. It was pretty brutal cause for about 3-4 weeks I was out a 3-wood, mid summer. I’m hoping then can figure it out with the new M5 & M6. Cause I have a feeling my M4 isn’t going to last long.
          If that was me I'd move to another manufacturer and forget this aggravation. Titleist, Cobra and Callaway all sell excellent fairway woods.
          In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
          Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
          TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
          TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
          PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
          TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
          Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
          TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Yea definitely. I olay cobra irons and love them so I ended up switching to the Cobra F8, but I just couldn’t get used to the feel off the face. So ended up switching back TM, but now I’m kind of just waiting fo the face to crack mid tournament. Just can’t afford to spend any more money on 3-woods lol

Comment

I had my hand on a new in wrapper M2 HL 3 wood but I'm debating that or the Rogue... GT has a good deal on demo Rogues... demo pricing plus 25% off and they're all new in wrappers mostly. From what I've read I could almost go 5 wood in these new fairways. I highly doubt I could ever break a face...
              Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
              Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
              Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
              Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail 25*
              Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
              Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
              Putter: SGC WB Northwood
              Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by dms10 View Post
                Update: Taylor Made sent me a brand new M4 3 wood for free! I sent them the pics...NO receipt...told them what had happened and they were awesome enough to replace with a new model for free...hassle free. AMAZING Customer service. They have a customer for life now.
                That's really great Customer Service especially with the condition that club was in, sense that they know there is a defect in that particular club.

Not to thread jack but some companies are really good at this, had a Sunbeam Humidifier and could not find a replacement Wick/Filter for it. I also did not have a receipt and they had discontinued that particular unit and the wick/filter for it, no problem they said and sent me a brand new unit for free.
                Moral of the story never give up and always ask, sometimes we get great surprises.
                Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Just came back from the driving range and the face of my m2 3 wood just caved in as well. Figures, after many years of struggling to find a 3 wood that I liked, I finally found this one and could hit it like a machine. Easily my favourite club in the bag. Already contacted TM and hopefully they will treat me as well as the OP.

Proud member of the Prune Juice Army.

Comment

this thread is giving me nightmares. my M2 tour 3 wood is the best 3 wood i've ever had. i actually gave up on 3 woods until i found this.

Comment

They will definitely help you out....you are now the 4th person ive seen that has had this issue lol. They will most likely give you a m5 or m6 3 wood for free. If you need any help i can give you the email address of the rep who helped me.

Comment

I caved mine and 2 week turn around. Ended up with an M4 and they swapped out the shaft for me also.

Comment

Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post
                          Just came back from the driving range and the face of my m2 3 wood just caved in as well. Figures, after many years of struggling to find a 3 wood that I liked, I finally found this one and could hit it like a machine. Easily my favourite club in the bag. Already contacted TM and hopefully they will treat me as well as the OP.
                          So TM finally came through and replaced my M2 3 fairway. I had receipts for my M1 driver and M3 hybrids, but I could not track down where I purchased my 3 wood and therefore could not find a receipt and I couldn't trace it through my credit card since the transaction was over a year ago. Anyway, after a little bit a arm twisting/begging/pleading, TM finally came through for me and shipped me a new M6 fairway to replace my broken club. Thanks to the guys at TM for doing this, but they were pretty sticky about the receipt thing. So, if you can, please keep the receipts for any of your clubs just to make any issues down the road with warranty stuff a lot easier.

Comment

I bought a 3wood epic off TGN and broke the shaft. Called Callaway and they are replacing the shaft for free. I had go through GT though to prove it wasnt a knock off club.

If Taylormades customer service is as good as Callaways you should be okay; even without a receipt.

Comment

Reviving an old thread.

As per above, I had a 2017 M2 fairway that I really, really liked. I smashed in the face and TM was kind enough to replace it with an M6. Never liked the M6 as much, so I sold it and bought another 2017 M2. Well after 4 more years of happiness with the M2, I just smashed in the face of another one tonight at the indoor sim. As much as I love this club, don't think I'm going to get another one given this is a known defect with this club. Anyway, so long old friend, I'm going to miss you.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X