Collapse

Putter grip for The Claw.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putter grip for The Claw.

My putting has be atrocious this year and I tried The Claw this weekend with some success. It felt really weird at first, but by the 2nd round, not too bad. Only problem, my Superstroke 2.0 is 10.5" long and my hands are all over it. The grip feels too short. Superstroke now has a Claw grip 2.0, but it is 10.5" long. Too short for me. I liked the looks of the pistol grip on it though. I am thinking of the Superstroke XL 2.0 at 13.75". I might even add an inch to the length of my putter and grip it down an inch. Any comments?
    Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, Tour 65-S
    Ping G425 SFT 15* 3 Wood, Tour 75-S
    Ping G425 SFT 19* 5 Wood, Tour 75-S
    Ping G425 Max 23.5* 9 Wood, Tour 75-S
    Ping G425 Max 26* 5 Hybrid, Tour 85-S
    Ping S56 Irons, 6 to 9, PW, Aldila VS 85-S
    Ping Tour S, 52/12*, 58/10*,Aldila VS 85-S
    Ping Chip-R, Ping Z115-S (new)
    Ping 35" Tomcat 14 Putter (new)
    Ping "Latitude" Carry Bag
    Nikon Laser 500G Rangefinder

I have experience with this topic. I've been putting claw for the last 15 years or so. Anything else is yip city. Still not a great putter but it seems to get me by. I've used mostly various Superstroke and some GP Snsr grips. This year I tried a Superstroke Traxion 2.0 XL for its length. While I liked it, I found my right hand going lower and lower on the grip. So so results. Somewhat accidentally I tried a putter with an old slimmer and shorter grip and began to feel the head again. So now I use a Karma rubber "midsize" grip bought on Amazon for $5. Love it. I just put my right index finger on top. For me Superstrokes and the like take away feel. I would consider a slimmer model but haven't invested just yet. The Traxion is on my 3 ball putter and I pull it out when not feeling love for the blade.

Comment

claw grip can be used with a superstroke 2.0 if both hands are placed claw-wise on the grip
      mount the grip with the flat down(facing towards you) so both thumbs lay against the flat and thus control the face angle.
      top arm/hand remains fairly stationary while the bottom pistons through.

the prime reason The Claw works is that the forearms are more in line with the stroke path.
      Last edited by bl8d; Aug 4, 2019, 09:09 AM.
      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I too use the Claw grip and Love it ! There's a couple options out there you could try, Flatcat is one the other id the Superstroke Flatso 17". Hope this helps Good Luck

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X