Collapse

REPLACING LOST CLUBS

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPLACING LOST CLUBS

I lost my old rusty Vokey 60 a month ago... probably left alongside a green and never noticed for a couple of days.
    Now a Vokey 60 is a lot more important than a driver... I have a bunch of wedges of all shapes and sizes and I replayed it with a new shiny one... But it's totally different. And of course I now need it on every hole.
    So I bought one used from Golftown - $35 incl shipping from Montreal - 24 hour turn around...

Have you followed up again with where you might have lost it ? Most get found and returned at some point.
    Shockingly , every season we end up with probably 100+ clubs , plus countless head covers and items of clothing that never get picked up by their owner.
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
      Have you followed up again with where you might have lost it ? Most get found and returned at some point.
      Shockingly , every season we end up with probably 100+ clubs , plus countless head covers and items of clothing that never get picked up by their owner.
      I think it was 20 Valley - Im going there this weekend
      I asked them to call me if it turned up.
      Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonaid View Post

I think it was 20 Valley - Im going there this weekend
        I asked them to call me if it turned up.
        Thx
        Good luck.....
        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
          Never ceases to amaze me how many golf clubs never get claimed. Was at Cardinal a year or so back and they took me down under the club house where they had literally hundreds of clubs stored on ceiling racks. Every so often they sell or give them off to whoever.
          On one occasion we found a $1000 cell phone on the fringe of the 18th green at one course. It was locked but we saw messages coming in but could not access them, eventually after a few weeks HP gave it into Rogers to find the owner.
          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

My buddy lost his Ping ISI beryllium 5 iron at my club a few weeks ago. It wasn't turned in, we thought. The other day I'm looking in the $5 bin (money goes to charity) and there it is. The pro suggested it was returned way back but left "in the back room." Good news but too bad my buddy lost the 8 somewhere else.

Comment

Who are these people who "lose" clubs - probably not good with keys, glasses, wallet, the remote, etc.
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                Who are these people who "lose" clubs - probably not good with keys, glasses, wallet, the remote, etc.
                Well,,, yeah. But I dont leave those greenside

Comment

I was without for 3 weeks - though I had a 56 and another new vokey... and I was terrified to leave myself 60 yards and in... and played awful

Comment

I always put my wedges on green in my walking path to where I will be exiting the green when done hole and have never lost one and tell my playing partners to do the same good to get in the habit.

Comment

One of the reasons I don't like taking a cart ... some guy at Oakville Executive last year in the group in front of us was drunk and losing his mind hitting shanks all over the place ... he was snapping clubs and throwing them into the water, bunkers, etc. and finally he approaches us on the 18th green after we finished up (fairly calm about it ... we assumed to gather whatever we collected for him ... my dad had his putter and broken 7 iron) but he didn't want them ... just his iPhone that turned out to be the expensive round for him I guess, poor guy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X