Name:	SAM_6082.JPG
Views:	592
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	3144539 Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_6084.JPG
Views:	599
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	3144540

​​ ​ Check out this find and dismantle. From extended shaft, wood dowels, taped and glue on weights to a 34/35" putter.

Attached Files

I cant wait to see what this looks like when your are done with it.

Comment

A Value Village find?

Comment

how is the project coming along

Comment

Oh yeah, finished the makeover. It was a kijijij find. I always prefer original finish / look, but wanted it to be durable as some sites suggested the black oxide wears quickly. Also did not want to invest lots of money into it. Assumed it would cost at least $150 USD to ship/refinish in the states. Local metal refinishers seemed to want a minimum charge of $150 to do black oxide only. So I found a place in Scarborough who would do satin nickel plating, which included a copper plating first for $60.

I smoothed the head, fixed the face nicks, tried to do the minimum needed and keep the original milling marks on the plumbers neck. Had it plated. I used black silicone for the re-install of the face for contrast. The plating was a little too shiney for my liking so I sprayed it with Krylon matt clear coat which gave it a more 'pro platinum' finish. Used copper paint fill throughout the head. I was going to use black and copper but it quickly became apparent it was too 'in your face'. I suppose in retrospect I would have used white silicone and white/copper paint fill as the original finish for a more subdued look.

Thanks to morello89 for the Danny Edwards Scotty grip. The plated finish may not be original, but neither would an 'aftermarket' black oxide finish. This way the putter is more resistant to rust, and the plating could always be removed to refinish black if desired. Thought about adding a sightline but did not want to alter the head beyond what is necessary. All in after restoration $110 Cdn.

Plumbers neck is not my preferred style of putter, but the long neck seems to be the equal to my preferred PING Zing2 / Anser 4 blade style putter. Even without a sight aid, accuracy with it is fine.
          Attached Files

Comment

you done good, as they say.
            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

That’s pretty

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews