Not bad for a little Canadian Company - ACCRA PR

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not bad for a little Canadian Company - ACCRA PR

ACCRA AXIV wins at the Turning Stone Championship

PGMC - A PGA Tour rookie using an ACCRA premium golf shaft topped a strong PGA Tour field that included 8 different 2008 PGA Tour champions and 6 former Major champions this past week chalking up 2 wins in a row for players using ACCRA shafts.
    This Columbia South Carolina native birdied his final two holes to snatch his first victory and the $1,008,000 first prize. On Friday (second
    round) he switched to a TaylorMade Tour Burner 3 wood, custom fit with an ACCRA AXIV XE 80 golf shaft and continued to rely this combination throughout the weekend.
    The 7,482 - yard Atunyote Golf Club at Turning Stone Resort in Verona N.Y.
    played long and tough in the cool and damp conditions and this 24 year old "bomber" took advantage of his length especially on the tough par 5's.
    ACCRA shafts have now been used to win more than $38,000,000 on the
    2008 PGA Tour that has included 5 victories and more than 180 top 20 finishes. This combined with 4 victories and more than 60 top 20 finishes on the European Tour has made 2008 a banner year around the world for Touring Professionals trusting their game with ACCRA premium golf shafts.

"2 wins in a row is great, but the cool aspect about this victory is that this player switched back to his TaylorMade 3 wood with an ACCRA AXIV shaft after the first round and used it to make some key shots throughout the final two days on his way to victory."
    gbr
    Last edited by Mule56; Oct 12, 2008, 06:58 PM. Reason: Only TGN sponsors are allowed to advertise and directly benefit in wealth or position from these message posts, threads, polls, and signatures

Re: Not bad for a little Canadian Company - ACCRA PR

Congrats Gawain, always nice to see another win for accra!! Lets keep them coming.
    Driver- Callaway FT-9 / Accra Dymatch S3 75 M4
    Fairway- Miura 3 wood / Accra XE80 M5
    Hybrids- Adams Idea Pro 3 with Accra XH85
    Irons- Adams Pro gold PVD 4-pw w/KB tour X-flex
    Wedges- Srixon WG706 50*,TM Z-Smoke 54, 58* w/ KBS tour blacks
    Putter- T.P. Mills Custom Huey

"Resolve never to quit, never to give up,no matter what the situation."

Comment

Not bad for a little Canadian Company - ACCRA PR

Congratulations Gawain on 2 Accra PGA victories in a row ... sweet
      Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
      Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
      Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Greatttt stuff,always nice to put a feather in the cap.The shaft industry is embarking on new territory with the advent of computer enhancement and materials.Good Luck.

Comment

canada is like australia they invent some very very smart technology.i think this has something to do with both being big countries with small populations.with some of the most hostile environments on earth this forces the people to be creative and inventive.

Comment

can't say enough about the accra products. I was introduced to them about 4 years ago when i got fit into my TM R580 with a Accra T70 and have never looked back.

Just look at my sig, i have accras in my driver, 3wood and 2 hybrids. Also the back up driver as well. Love the feel of them and the consistency.
            R15 BLACK 9.5
            M2 16*
            Rescue 11 19*
            RSI UDI 4i
            TM RSI tp 5-PW
            Ping Tour-S Rustique 52, 56, 60
            Scotty Golo S2 cT 33.5"

Comment

Best driver shaft I've ever had. Thanks to Jeff for fitting me a few years ago.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
              TM SLDR 10.5*
              TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
              TM Rescue 22*
              4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
              Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
              Ping Ketch
              Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

I thought Accra is a UST company which in turn owned by Mamiya of Japan (owner of the Axiv technology). Maybe I got it wrong.
                Driver: Epon AF101 with Machline 7061 Proto/Callaway Legacy with Stock S
                4 Wood: G Field with Diamana Red
                7 Wood: V Steel with Bassara Hawk
                Hybrid: Geotech 23*
                Irons: Matsumoto 5-PW with Axiv Graphite
                AW: Epon GX208 Wedge 50*
                SW: Yururi 57*
                Putter: Hiro Matsumoto MG 8

Comment

Originally posted by Duffer19
                  I thought Accra is a UST company which in turn owned by Mamiya of Japan (owner of the Axiv technology). Maybe I got it wrong.
                  Pretty sure you are right. Maybe origianlly canadian? Can anyone chime in?

Comment

Originally posted by Duffer19
                    Hey Duffer,

First off, thanks for all of the kind words to all!
                    As for your comment, ACCRA began as a UST model, but was distributed exclusively through PGMC (out of Kingston ON.), kind of like a Toyota/Lexus relationship....different distribution network and separate product development. As of January 2008, PGMC acquired all assets and intellectual properties of ACCRA and has been run as a completely separate business since then.
                    There remains a very close association with UST and Mamiya, but very different businesses and philosophies.
                    On Tour, ACCRA maintains independent representation and ACCRA dealers are certified to properly "fit" ACCRA products.
                    Thanks again for your input, and I do hope this clears things up for you.
                    Cheers,
                    gbr

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X