X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Try this to have access to the thread - Not sure why it didn't work:

The posted stated the following:

... Played with a guy using the Stealth Plus yesterday and after a fitting at True Spec with someone he has worked with before, he shared some info. I am going to assume this was for his swing specifically but they moved the weight toward the toe and the fitter said the head works best when hit slightly toe side not in the center. He said his first few weeks were a little rough until he started hitting it consistently more toward the toe and he was killing it yesterday. Early 60's and consistently 280ish with a mid trajectory that works well on hard fast Phoenix fairways.

... Not sure I buy into the "center is not center but more toward the toe" philosophy but I can't argue with this guys results and thought you guys might find it interesting.

A further response from another post was as follows:

This has been the case for many drivers and especially TaylorMade. The hot spot on the driver is slightly above center and towards the top. See the circle in the photo. Slightly above that is good too

I'll end with another post that responded after the above, once again access the link for more:

Adam Young said in podcast I listened to this week that 5mm high and 5mm towards the toe provided the best spin launch combo. Bulge & roll etc etc...

I experimented with this for 3 weeks after I read the thread, and low and behold it has been working very, very well. My shots are longer and my ball flight is a slight baby fade.
    Is that Paint on the driver face!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post

*waves*

A really good drive for me (on level ground, not wind aided, warm summer day) would be 270, which is below the Tour average. My average drive probably rolls out to 250ish. Stealth Plus is not just for the heavy hitters! Swing speed as per GC Quad is right around 100MPH.
      I'm a tiny bit longer but mostly the same for me. Once a round I'll surprise myself by putting it all together into one swing and bust one out there further, but 260ish is the norm for me. I don't get myself into much trouble off the tee though so I'm good with it. I have the Ping G425 Max driver & 3W which are basically point and shoot.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
      X