No announcement yet.
Collapse

Why so many Stealth drivers for sale?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think because a lot of golfers hit with the face open and stealth is set up super open if you’re in this boat. I did try it in a fitting and it was slice city.

Comment

I never got along with Twist-Face. Not even sure if TM still does TF, but my normal miss was a push fade because of a lateral slide, and TF turned it into a nasty slice.
      🍍 2023 WITB πŸβ€‹
      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
      Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
      Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S​
      Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      ​
      Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip​
      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post

I've read about the unforgiving nature of the SLDR. Although my buddy won one in a tourney and has been gaming it successfully for years. I'm using the mini driver version and at least it mostly keeps me in shorter grass.
        Is your buddy a decent ball striker? Square it up and hit it around the middle and it will go forever.

Putting ego aside and lofting up was also important with that head. Saw a lot of people come in and hit ultra low spin knucklers 20 feet off the ground with their "usual" loft. Bumping it up a few degrees would increase spin and loft somewhat, but this was a club you really needed to dial in the numbers on to be playable.
        10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
        16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
        20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
        4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
        Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
          I never got along with Twist-Face. Not even sure if TM still does TF, but my normal miss was a push fade because of a lateral slide, and TF turned it into a nasty slice.
          I had a Stealth Plus for a portion of last year and found similar.

Was a bomber when squared up, but my miss is a push left (as a lefty) and this club really exaggerated that miss.
          10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
          16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
          20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
          4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
          Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

Originally posted by Section ThirtyOne View Post

Is your buddy a decent ball striker? Square it up and hit it around the middle and it will go forever.

Putting ego aside and lofting up was also important with that head. Saw a lot of people come in and hit ultra low spin knucklers 20 feet off the ground with their "usual" loft. Bumping it up a few degrees would increase spin and loft somewhat, but this was a club you really needed to dial in the numbers on to be playable.
            He has a tight draw. Shoots in the 80s. Picked up golf later in life but a good athlete. Ticks me off.

Comment

Originally posted by chachi1984 View Post

The sldr was one of the worst drivers on miss hits ever made. You can get a 2 or 3 gen old driver for 300-400 bucks that’s way better than anything made during the sldr era
              Not the worst driver ever made. IMO it is the longest TM driver ever when hit on the button since its COG is so close and low to its face. That extra distance comes at a cost, extra unforgiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by chachi1984 View Post

The sldr was one of the worst drivers on miss hits ever made. You can get a 2 or 3 gen old driver for 300-400 bucks that’s way better than anything made during the sldr era
                Corey Connors still games the Ping G400.

I have the 410 and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Even the stock CB shaft has tight dispersion and good distance.

Comment

Actually he switched to the new PING driver several months ago.

Originally posted by Smogmonster View Post

Corey Connors still games the Ping G400.

I have the 410 and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Even the stock CB shaft has tight dispersion and good distance.
                  Golf blog: canadiangolfer.com/g4g

Comment

Originally posted by RobertThompson View Post
                    Actually he switched to the new PING driver several months ago.

Saw this... it must be out of date. Cheers

An in-depth look at all of the clubs and other equipment used by PGA Tour winner Corey Conners.

Comment

He did play it until a couple of months ago. I spoke to him about it in March, I believe, and he'd made the switch then.
                      Originally posted by Smogmonster View Post

Saw this... it must be out of date. Cheers

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/cor...hats-in-my-bag

Comment

Could also be there is so many for sale because a few weeks ago costco.com had them for 299 after 80 off.

Comment

I was wondering the same after seeing a bunch in the used bin at Fore Golfers Only last week.

Comment

There does seem to be a lot of used Stealths. Could be they didn't meet expectations or maybe just that they sold so many of them so more will show up on the used market. Could be some of each too.
                            We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                            Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                            Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                            Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                            Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                            Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                            Srixon Star XV
                            Ogio Grom bag

Comment

If I were guessing, I'd think they overproduced based on potential Covid marketing demand and were left with ones they couldn't sell.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertThompson View Post
                                He did play it until a couple of months ago. I spoke to him about it in March, I believe, and he'd made the switch then.

Yeah - this is from March - https://www.golfwrx.com/707815/corey...tb-2023-march/

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X