Collapse

Hottest putter - jailbird

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottest putter - jailbird

Anybody gaming this putter? Clark, Bradley and now Fowler all use the jailbird putter which is on a 3 win streak, one being the US Open!!

Saw an ad on Kijiji a guy based in London selling it for 550. I almost want to get one and try. If it doesn’t work you can auction it off on ebay to the US market for well over 1k!!
    Last edited by sunshiNee; Jul 3, 2023, 08:11 AM.

Odyssey making a LTD edition for sale now

Comment

Fads and trends are funny - isn't this a 10 year old putter design?

Anyways, it certainly works - probably better for some than others depending on how they putt.

IF I was going for a putter fitting, I guess I'd want to include it, but for the most part I don't believe there are any "magic" designs that cure every golfer's woes. Lessons do that. Clubs that suit and fit you do that too.

If $500 meant nothing to me, I'd buy one and give it a try and if it didn't work out, I could just put it in my putter rack beside all the Camerons, Bettinardis, Mills, Edels, EvnRolls, Honmas, Yes's, Pings,.....
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
        Anybody gaming this putter? Clark, Bradley and now Fowler all use the jailbird putter which is on a 3 win streak, one being the US Open!!

Saw an ad on Kijiji a guy based in London selling it for 550. I almost want to get one and try. If it doesn’t work you can auction it off on ebay to the US market for well over 1k!!
        I find it interesting that both Fowler and Clark have a similar set up - Literally the soles of their putters are completely smothered in lead tape. Can’t these multi millionaires afford a less obtrusive way to customize the weights of these things? (Custom sole weights, hot melt, etc.)
        TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
        TM BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S)

TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
        TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
        TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
        TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
        * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
        TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
        TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
        TM TP5 Golf Ball
        Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
        SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
        Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

^^^ tools not jewels !
          Lead tape on his clubs has done a guy like Bernhard Langer pretty well all these decades. Have you seen his WITB over the years -> looks like thrift-shop clubs.

I used to be visually anal about getting my swing-weights perfect, add lead tape, then disassemble and grind tips weight to perfection, all so that I didn't have to look at lead tape. Now I don't care, and do my last fine-tuning with lead tape and leave it there.
          🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
          Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
          Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
          Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
          Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
          Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
          Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
          Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

I find it odd as well with the lead tape. Are the players doing it themselves or having a builder do it??? You think if it is the latter the builder would have more options like you mentioned besides lead tape...

But who knows why... maybe it just looks cooler. I've never really seen any body with lead tape on their clubs in the wild but if I did I would think that guy is a gamer for sure! haha

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

I find it interesting that both Fowler and Clark have a similar set up - Literally the soles of their putters are completely smothered in lead tape. Can’t these multi millionaires afford a less obtrusive way to customize the weights of these things? (Custom sole weights, hot melt, etc.)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X