Collapse

Sunday Bag Setup

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Bag Setup

I've ordered a Sunday bag, as I can see cases were I want to play a more casual round, and make it easier on my back to carry, and less stuff to bring with me. I can see myself using it for quick rounds at exec/par 3 courses, I often do last minute rounds at places like Scarlett Woods, Centennial Park. If i'm going on a cottage trips, non-golf vacations, etc - I might not want to lug the whole bag with me.

The bag I ordered has space for 6 clubs (not sure yet if I can squeeze more in), so I'm wondering how I would setup my bag, and curious on other peoples thoughts.

I'm thinking the following for full length courses:
    • Driver
    • 4h
    • 7i
    • PW
    • SW
    • Putter
    For short courses:
    • 5W
    • 6i
    • 8i
    • PW
    • SW
    • Putter

I play 6 or 7 clubs quite a bit, for 6 I would take:

Driver
    4H (20)
    7 (36)
    9 (44)
    SW(52)
    Putter
    I play off a 48 degree PW so these gaps work for me, if I had one more club it would be a 3 wood or 60 degree wedge depending on the course.
    It's surprising how well I score carrying a half set, maybe less choice is good

Comment

Originally posted by blademan View Post
      I play 6 or 7 clubs quite a bit, for 6 I would take:

Driver
      4H (20)
      7 (36)
      9 (44)
      SW(52)
      Putter
      I play off a 48 degree PW so these gaps work for me, if I had one more club it would be a 3 wood or 60 degree wedge depending on the course.
      It's surprising how well I score carrying a half set, maybe less choice is good
      Yeah, my PW is 44 degrees, so pretty much the same setup.

I'm looking forward to trying it.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240416_135003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.0 KB ID:	3758598

Played quite well with this setup yesterday @ Braeben, from the RED TEES, mind you, LOL.
        3 SL irons, 7FW, Driver (Hi Launch). Putted with the 7FW and probably like it more than my 33" putter, especially my old back liked it a lot, not having to bend down that much.
        The weak spot was the chipping with the SL SW: chunked a number of chips due to the 7i length of the SW. Need to drill to my old brain to GRIP DOWN for such shots, LOL. But when you grip down on them, the LIE BECOMES to FLAT Maybe it's time to consider going back to the "NORMAL" set of irons
        Cheers
        Last edited by veryold; Apr 17, 2024, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I play with a Sunday bag and 14 Clubs without a problem
          At age 70, I should be more realistic perhaps .....

Comment

My Sunday Bag setup for hilly courses is usually 5 clubs
            Driver or 3W
            6 Hybrid
            8 iron
            Gap Wedge
            Putter

My Sunday Bag setup for flat courses would be about 8 clubs
            Driver
            3W
            5W
            6 Hybrid
            8 iron
            Gap Wedge
            54 Wedge
            Putter

Comment

Am I assuming correctly that the 1st one is for Braeben and 2nd one for Lakeview

Originally posted by tywl View Post
              My Sunday Bag setup for hilly courses is usually 5 clubs
              Driver or 3W
              6 Hybrid
              8 iron
              Gap Wedge
              Putter

My Sunday Bag setup for flat courses would be about 8 clubs
              Driver
              3W
              5W
              6 Hybrid
              8 iron
              Gap Wedge
              54 Wedge
              Putter
              Last edited by veryold; Apr 18, 2024, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I used to play regularly at DV with a few friends. I would commute by subway, so I wanted to pack light. I bought a TM Quiver Sunday bag and absolutely loved it. It can actually carry between 12 - 14 clubs, but my optimal set was 10. I would go D, 3i, 5-pw, 56* sw and putter. Swapping out the 3i for a 5W or 3H was an option. To this day, I always go with a setup that's less than the full 14, no matter the course. Walk and carry, always.

Comment

It used to be that buying a 7 club set was not unusual. D-3W-5W-3i/5i/7i/9i I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bogey5 View Post
                    It used to be that buying a 7 club set was not unusual. D-3W-5W-3i/5i/7i/9i I think.
                    Yup. I'm sure many of us started with that setup. And probably some variation on a Bullseye putter - more like the ones you got at mini-golf than an actual Bullseye though. Wedges? Those were unheard of.

Comment

When my wife and I travel, we take one bag and only take some of our clubs. I take driver, 5 hybrid, 6 hybrid, 9 iron and putter. It has almost no impact on my score.

Comment

My Sunday Golf bag just came in the mail! Excited to take it for a spin with:
                        Driver
                        2i, 5i, 8i
                        PW, SW, putter

Bag is built for 6 clubs, but I managed to plop in another club. First round this year and I don't feel like carrying much and I also don't wanna think much to help me lower my expectations lol... Let's see how this does....
                        WITB:
                        Titleist TSR2 9° Ventus Blue 6S w/ Velocore
                        Titleist TSi3 3W 15° Hzrdus Black 4G 60
                        Titleist U-505 1-iron Hzrdus Black 4G 60
                        Mizuno MP20 SEL 3-PW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 115 X
                        Mizuno T22 50° Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 115 X
                        Mizuno T22 55° Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 115 X
                        Titleist SM7 60/14 K grind
                        2018 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 (SC Custom Shop customized)​

Comment

Originally posted by NovaRaven View Post
                          My Sunday Golf bag just came in the mail! Excited to take it for a spin with:
                          Driver
                          2i, 5i, 8i
                          PW, SW, putter

Bag is built for 6 clubs, but I managed to plop in another club. First round this year and I don't feel like carrying much and I also don't wanna think much to help me lower my expectations lol... Let's see how this does....
                          Similar to yours, but instead of your 2i, 5i, i have 4HY, 6i
                          Cheers

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X