Collapse

Taylormade P770 & P790 Aged Copper Irons

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylormade P770 & P790 Aged Copper Irons

What does everyone think of the new TM P770 & P790 aged copper irons? Paired up with KBS C-taper lite black shafts (P770), and KBS Tour Lite black shafts (P790) the Irons do look might sleek! Not sure the KBS Tour "Lite" was the best option for an iron shaft as they play MUCH different than the DG 105 stock shafts as they are only 100g and launch pretty high. Wouldn't see that being a reason why people wouldn't want their hands on these though.
    Wonder how well the copper finish will hold up on these bad boys as there were tons of complaints of wear only after a couple rounds with the Cobra Forged Tec copper irons that were released.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P790 copper 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	3759164 Click image for larger version  Name:	P790 copper.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	3759165Click image for larger version  Name:	P770-Aged-Copper-4-PW-Iron-Set-with-Steel-Shafts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	3759166
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus
    Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
    Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
    Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
    Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4
    Ball: TM TP5

These look amazing. I would swap out the shaft for the KBS Tour Black IMO. Do people think the copper will give them a slightly softer feel too? I am very interested in people's thoughts on the durability.
    Driver: Big Bertha V Series Diamana S+
    3-Wood: Ping G10
    Hybrid: 18* Adams ProGold VS Proto
    Irons: Mizuno MP52 KBS Tour Stiff (4 - PW)
    Wedges: Titleist Spin Mill 52, TVD 56 and 60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Beach Asian Version

Comment

Originally posted by arogal View Post
      What does everyone think of the new TM P770 & P790 aged copper irons? Paired up with KBS C-taper lite black shafts (P770), and KBS Tour Lite black shafts (P790) the Irons do look might sleek! Not sure the KBS Tour "Lite" was the best option for an iron shaft as they play MUCH different than the DG 105 stock shafts as they are only 100g and launch pretty high. Wouldn't see that being a reason why people wouldn't want their hands on these though.
      Wonder how well the copper finish will hold up on these bad boys as there were tons of complaints of wear only after a couple rounds with the Cobra Forged Tec copper irons that were released.
      Click image for larger version Name:	P790 copper 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	3759164 Click image for larger version Name:	P790 copper.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.2 KB ID:	3759165Click image for larger version Name:	P770-Aged-Copper-4-PW-Iron-Set-with-Steel-Shafts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	3759166
      I've got the copper/aged finished Hi-toe 3 wedges. They look great when new, but the finish will be gone in a few rounds I'm sure. In terms of "feel" as the other poster was asking, I doubt there is any change to the softness, they're just pretty to look at

Comment

Objectively probably no as it's just a copper finish. The metal underneath is probably the same the normal versions. However "feel" is a combination of different things such as looks and sounds. So maybe it might feel softer................

Originally posted by Putt 4 Dough View Post
        These look amazing. I would swap out the shaft for the KBS Tour Black IMO. Do people think the copper will give them a slightly softer feel too? I am very interested in people's thoughts on the durability.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshiNee View Post
          Objectively probably no as it's just a copper finish. The metal underneath is probably the same the normal versions. However "feel" is a combination of different things such as looks and sounds. So maybe it might feel softer................

Very true, they should technically feel the same as the OG P790. Certain Mizuno clubs for example that offer a copper underlay will make a difference in feel.
          Time shall tell!
          Driver: Ping G410 Plus
          Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
          Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
          Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
          Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
          Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4
          Ball: TM TP5

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse