Collapse

Golf Shoes and Orthotics for foot pain

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf Shoes and Orthotics for foot pain

I don't buy the idea that everyone needs or could even benefit from orthotics. I think people would get way more benefit from wearing shoes with no support, no heel lift or significant cushion and room to splay your toes. Shoes that let your feet act like feet.
    Last edited by Pingnut; Feb 9, 2011, 12:18 PM.
    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

I would be interested to understand what your opinion is based on as researchers have spend decades learning about gait biomechanics and more recently how to optimize gait while minimizing stress in the kinetic chain due to improper foot mechanics. I mean is it your own opinion and experience with orthotics that have shaped your belief or is there peer reviewed research that supports your opinion.
      Last edited by Pingnut; Feb 9, 2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

There is a lot of evidence to show that shoes and orthotics are not good for our feet (and the rest of the body those feet are connected to). And while I'm sure orthotics can help to relieve problems, I don't think they help to strengthen and correct the causing issues. If someone is starting to have issues - I think they'd be much better off kicking off the shoes then putting their foot in a cast.

This article is pretty good - it talks about of some of the studies.
        It took 4 million years of evolution to perfect the human foot. But we’re wrecking it with every step we take.

And here's another little vid you might appreciate.
        http://www.transcendbodywork.com/product/correct-toes/ "The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest her or his patients in the care of...
        Last edited by Pingnut; Feb 8, 2011, 05:13 PM.
        TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
        TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
        TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
        Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
        Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
        100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard