Collapse

Larry Cheung teaching feedbacks?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Larry Cheung teaching feedbacks?

I'm a PGA of Canada member that has known and played with Larry for quite a few years - he's a great guy and a great player, and his teaching will no doubt be first rate.

If I could make a point of correction for everybody on this thread - several years ago, what was then known as the Canadian Professional Golfer's Association (CPGA) re-branded to become what should now be referred to as the PGA of Canada.

After doing some market research, they were told that "PGA" is one of the top 10 most recognizable acronyms in the world, and they were also told that they were the only PGA globally that was referring to themselves as Country first then PGA (think PGA of America, PGA of Europe, etc.).

Citing that, they are hoping that people now refer to them as the PGA of Canada, and the joke (or maybe it's truth!!) is that the CPGA is the Canadian Potato Grower's Association, so don't call them CPGA anymore!!!

Also, Ontario PGA is no longer, it's PGA of Ontario..........

Larry's awesome, and can no doubt help out your game!

Cheers

Comment

Took a lesson with Larry last night, great guy good communication. Gave me some drills to hit the more solid. Left the lesson with some positive changes and new feel. Definitely will see him again for more instructions.

Comment

Does he have any vids/articles, or similar to show what is he teaching, at least in principle ?

Comment

Just had my first lesson with Larry today, he first made me swing and warm up with my regular swing and observed my positions. Clearly, I've been having the wrong "feel" to what is actually happening vs what I thought was happening. The top photos is what I thought my full shoulder turn swing and my lock and loaded position LMAO turns out it's not! haha The bottom photo is after Larry showed me some drills and made me develop my own "thoughts" or key movements. He showed me another drill for the downswing but it's a process. Enjoyed the lesson very well, I know we've gone more than an hour but there were no extra charge Fellow TGNer yertu showed up too after my lesson and got some quick cleaning up after his round today at Cedar Brae, man one day I'll get to swing like Larry and Yertu! Those Foresight numbers are pro stats!

Vid from Larry (Before and After)

Dont be harsh with the crits Again, thanks Larry! I'll talk to you when that 2nd session is up
          Cobra King F7
          Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
          Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
          Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
          Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
          Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Originally posted by imAnewbie View Post
            Dont be harsh with the crits Again, thanks Larry! I'll talk to you when that 2nd session is up
            WOW Nino that is quite the progression after just 1 hour ... well done
            Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
            Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
            Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Originally posted by TourIQ View Post
              WOW Nino that is quite the progression after just 1 hour ... well done
              ^^^ this
              And after the 2nd hour, watch out Jason Day
              Cheers and all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
                ^^^ this
                And after the 2nd hour, watch out Jason Day
                Cheers and all the best.
                Hahahaha thanks Harry and veryold lol not sure about jason day part! Yeah the small changes made an impact, implementing them right now too for my company's tourney
                Cobra King F7
                Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Knowing Larry for over 4+ years now I can honestly say I've never met anyone as dedicated to learning and analyzing every aspect of the golf swing. I have played with and practiced beside him on numerous occasions and find him both accessible and honest. For $40 he can help me with my short game anytime.

As a master electrician I will also add 50% or more qualified and licensed electricians shouldn't be.

Comment

Got a lesson from Larry last night. Good guy and good communicator. Just few hours after the lesson, video and reminder what to practice is on my email.

For what I need, he is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ericmb4769 View Post
                      Got a lesson from Larry last night. Good guy and good communicator. Just few hours after the lesson, video and reminder what to practice is on my email.

For what I need, he is good enough for me.

Downswing is way better! Nice!
                      Cobra King F7
                      Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                      Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                      Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

I've liked Larry's swing for a LONG time (probably going back to late 2010). When he told me he started teaching I tried to arrange for a time where I can pick his brain for a bit on the course.

We got together a few days ago, and it was quite enjoyable.

Because he knows how infrequently I play nowadays, the knowledge he passed on to me were very applicable. They were mostly course management plus reminding me of a few key feels that will keep things somewhat cohesive during the round. Of course it helped me a lot that the bulk of my knowledge came from a common source of ours and I think he took that into consideration as well.

His ballstriking is impressive, but his putting was out of this world. I don't remember how many (it was def more than 5) putts he holed between 5-10 feet.

Basically if you want to learn how to compress the ball, talk to him. If you want to increase your make % 10 ft and in, definitely go see him.

Comment

I've been friends with Larry for 4 years now, and I can say he is one of the most knowledgeable guys I've had the chance to talk golf to.

I've been struggling for the past 2 years and asked him for his thoughts. He shared his thoughts and we worked on some stuff. Honestly, the 1 hour lesson he gave me changed a lot. I've gone from hitting weak cuts to push draws and distances also came with. I'm feeling a level of comfort with my ball striking that I've never felt before.

From posting 80s in tournament during late august, I started to post some deep low 70s this month. Just few days ago I finished solo 3rd at a Ontario university event by hitting 12 fairways and all 18 greens
                          I have a short game session with Larry tomorrow so hopefully the scores keep getting lower.
                          Last edited by June; Sep 29, 2015, 09:06 PM.

Comment

congratulations June. It good to hear that Larry helped you advance to your present level.
                            things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by June View Post
                              I've been friends with Larry for 4 years now, and I can say he is one of the most knowledgeable guys I've had the chance to talk golf to.

I've been struggling for the past 2 years and asked him for his thoughts. He shared his thoughts and we worked on some stuff. Honestly, the 1 hour lesson he gave me changed a lot. I've gone from hitting weak cuts to push draws and distances also came with. I'm feeling a level of comfort with my ball striking that I've never felt before.

From posting 80s in tournament during late august, I started to post some deep low 70s this month. Just few days ago I finished solo 3rd at a Ontario university event by hitting 12 fairways and all 18 greens
                              I have a short game session with Larry tomorrow so hopefully the scores keep getting lower.
                              12 Fairways and 18 Greens?! That's my usual stats as well, after 6-7 Rounds Congrats June! You can only get better right? Good luck
                              Cobra King F7
                              Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                              Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                              Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Wow.

I have known larry for years. I am someone who deeply believes in an attitude of gratitude. In my progression of golf I have had the blessing and opportunity of working with fabulous people, notably golf professionals who gave me an an opportunity to run a pro shop, manage a Nevada bobs, work as a fitter at a fitting centre, as a demo rep and a sales person. One of my favorite people out there is Nick Starchuk. Larry has been positively influenced by a lot of the same wonderful people. He proactively sought me out and mentioned he could help me out with some previously aforementioned back and wrist issues. He immediately said full disclosure despite extensive personal training and experience with the biometrics of golf and the body these things were not his focus but he could help me. I am a low handicap that can go low but also have my fair share of bad rounds where my body or getting older get the best of me. Larry saw these things right away. By watching a few videos I sent him via cell phone he said come see me, I can take some pressure off your back, and improve your turn and weight shift and swing without some overly complex instruction. He was amazing. I respect formal training and accolades and without getting caught up in that he did a stellar 10 out of 10 job. He ade me feel comfortable with amazing people skills and conversations, and after a warm up and watching me in person he got to work. I had a chance to play today and my full swing was tremendously approved and I felt amazing after 9. A feeling I haven't had since the weather changed. If you are willing to take the plunge send him a video or meet him to hit balls he is truly a great guy with good eye and drills that will be specific to you

Larry feel free to post the you tube link I am not computer inclined

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X