Collapse

2 hybrids?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 hybrids?

Right now my setup is 5-PW, 52, 56, 60. Drive, 2 & 3 hybrids (I can adjust loft depending) - Can't remember at the top of my head what they are set to at the moment.

On that note, do a lot of people game 2 hybrids? Or would it be beneficial to get rid of my longest hybrid and replace with a 3 wood? Or should I add a 3 wood?

What are you guys gaming?

Originally posted by prestacrusti View Post
    Right now my setup is 5-PW, 52, 56, 60. Drive, 2 & 3 hybrids (I can adjust loft depending) - Can't remember at the top of my head what they are set to at the moment.

On that note, do a lot of people game 2 hybrids? Or would it be beneficial to get rid of my longest hybrid and replace with a 3 wood? Or should I add a 3 wood?

What are you guys gaming?
    5-PW; 50, 54 and 58 deg wedges. Driver, 3 wood and 3 H. Recently added the 54 degree wedge for full 100 yard shots - it is on "probation" as I prefer carrying 12 as opposed to 13 (or 14) clubs.

Comment

It really all depends on how you hit your hybrids and how much of a gap it leaves from your 2H to your Driver. My setup is as follows:

Driver
      17 deg 2H
      21 deg 3H
      4-GW irons
      56 deg
      60 deg

I hit hybrids much better than a FW so I carry the two hybrids. The 2H will go up to about 225-230 yards off the tee so it's my default for most short par 4's.
      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
      Srixon Star XV
      Ogio Grom bag

Comment

I have a 3 wood and a 2 and a 4 hybrid. 54 and 58 wedge . . . seems to be OK. For me this is the best set-up . . . I don't really hit my irons that far (7 iron is 150 yards) . . . but carry 190+ with my 2 hybrid . . . it all depends . . .
        If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Picked up a 2h this spring . Put it in play at Cabot in strong winds. I may switch it in over the summer from time to time. Hitting the hybrids awesome right now
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Love hybrids and carry a 3 / 4 / 5 (adjustable). Can get them up in the air easily and are very comfortable off the tee with them. I start at a 6I - nothing lower. While I used to refer to them as old-guy clubs, I don't anymore. They are truly "rescue" clubs. But, get fit for hybrids also. Don't just buy a deal. There are way too many options now and it is too easy to buy based on all info that is irrelevant.
            No good deed goes unpunished.
            A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
              I have a 3 wood and a 2 and a 4 hybrid. 54 and 58 wedge . . . seems to be OK. For me this is the best set-up . . . I don't really hit my irons that far (7 iron is 150 yards) . . . but carry 190+ with my 2 hybrid . . . it all depends . . .
              This sounds like me. my 7 is my 150 as well, but my 2H gets about 190 carry as well.

Have always considered a 3W, but I havent run into too many scenarios when I needed one. It seems I've been doing just fine without one, just unsure what everyone else is running/if I should have one. I mean obviously it's nice to gain that extra yardage, could be the difference between being 100 yards out or not.

I guess I just have the itch and want to add a new club in the bag.

Comment

Everyone is different. Look at your yardages, and decide what suits your game.

I would say that for the average golfer, that the 3 wood off the deck is the hardest shot to hit consistently. Most average golfers would do a lot better with a 4 wood than a 3 wood. So if you are thinking of adding a fairway wood, I'd suggest 4 wood.
                My set has Driver, 4-wood, 3&4 hybrid. Then irons.

Copying below, something I posted in another thread on problems with 3 wood:

Best tip for the average golfer is to ditch the 3 wood and carry a 4 wood instead. (in fact replace the 3+5 wood with one 4 wood and open up a slot for another club).

Even pros find 3 wood off the fairway to be one of the more difficult shots.

From article below: "The results of a 2009 launch-monitor test by Golf Digest found everyday golfers who swing less than 85 miles per hour actually carried the ball five yards longer with a 4-wood as opposed to a 3-wood, while those swinging more than 85 mph hit the 4-wood eight yards longer. (Elite players still hit 3-woods farther than 4-woods). "

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/golf...equipment-0530

Comment

My 2h is basically a 3w at 17*. I also carry a 4h which is abt 10 yards longer than my 4i.
                  What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                  TM Rescue 17*
                  TM M2 4-AW
                  TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                  Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

My hybrid is the most inconsistent club in my bag (despite being fit). Thinking of replacing it with a crossover or driving iron type club.

Comment

I call my hybrids my knee savers. Less stress on my knee when I swing slower and smooth with a hybrid. I especially like hitting them on par 3's off the tee. I'll even hit a nice easy 24 hybrid from 150 if I'm wanting less jolting on my knee. I have a 19 22 24 27. Carrying 14 clubs these days so lots of options. Driver 4 hybrids, 5-pw 50 58 putter

Comment

I had 2 hybrids briefly a couple seasons ago, but found I did not hit the 2-hybrid better than a 5-wood. Now this season I've gone the other way and replaced the 3-hybrid with a 7-wood and that's what I'm staying with for the foreseeable future.
                        Cobra Cart Bag
                        Cobra F8+ Aldila NV Green
                        Cobra F7 3w 5w 7w
                        Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5i-GW
                        Callaway MD3 54-S,58-C
                        Odyssey White Hot Rx #7

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse