/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

At what age did you start losing….yardage??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
    hannah
    Hi Tom:
    Thanks for your detailed reply.
    Ya, a couple of grand amortized over 8 years is basically nothing to walk away from....especially if you amortized it over 8 years.

I have never played Coppinwood...but doing a Google...seems like a superior course for a challenge,

I relate to TGN because I was born in TO and lived in Burlington, Hamilton, Waterloo & Guelph (both univ...I belonged to Cutten Fields in 85&86) and then back to TO before being transferred to Vanc in 1992.
    I lived in TO in the summer of 81&82 and then from 89-91...my go to course in TO was Westview back in those days.
    There has been an implosion of new courses built in the GTA since 1992 when I left...but the same could be said of the courses built here in the Vanc area...but not to the extent of the GTA.

I have to admit that if I lived in TO/GTA....there are a TON of guys here on TGN that I would loved to golf with....I like the TGN community.

I believe someone tried to start a Vanc Golf Nuts forum but it never took off.

Oh ya...the 407 is so expensive....I used my sister's car to pickup my niece from McMaster....I was talking and not paying attention....and entered and exited the 407 for only 1 exchange....I think it was $4-$6???...WTF.

Cheers
    If you travel the 407 a few times a week it adds up to be a few hundred dollars a month, gets expensive but the convenience of getting around is hard to pass up, used to play Westview quite a bit years ago, always enjoyed the track..

You be well have a great rest of the summer..
    Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
    Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
    Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
    Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
    Pro V1x Left Dash
    Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
    Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

Originally posted by luv2kruz View Post
      Mid 50s and haven't lost that much. Averaging about 270 yds. Used to be a little over 280 when in my 40s. As others have indicated, losing two clubs is not normal, however, I do know that you had some shoulder or other health issues, so it is possible that those injuries have resulted in less strength/flexibility that is reducing your clubhead spead or strike quality. Don't think that kind of loss of distance is strictly age related.

Sometimes when one experiences distance issues they try to think about the technical side of the swing too much. You can go down various rabbit holes trying to fix things and lose the free flowing, relaxed swing that is essential to maximizing distance. I went down several of those rabbits holes and lost lots of distance. Once I went back to the tension-free swing I had before, the distance returned.
      I am thinking if anything it is flexibility. Shoulder seems pretty good. Back is chronic but, has been for a while. Strength isn't what it was a decade ago when I was a gym rat but, over all pretty good based on work around the house, projects etc. I do feel tight everywhere so I think I am going to concentrate the rest of the season on flexibility and see how that goes. Two solid months left then hopefully a a late fall trip down south!

Comment

Started losing distance when I was 65-66, and it continues. Each year the maintenance crews move the nets at the end of the range and the range targets back a few yards!

Comment

Originally posted by bobby Jones View Post

I am thinking if anything it is flexibility.
          I think you are on to something there. I am 65 and haven't really lost any distance and I think the key to it is that I am still flexible. That being said, I am comparing distance to playing with equipment that is much inferior to today's clubs and balls. I played with a guy who is 75 yesterday and he hit some drives around 280, again very flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by okgndave View Post

I think you are on to something there. I am 65 and haven't really lost any distance and I think the key to it is that I am still flexible. That being said, I am comparing distance to playing with equipment that is much inferior to today's clubs and balls. I played with a guy who is 75 yesterday and he hit some drives around 280, again very flexible.
            That is amazing . . . good for him.
            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

That is amazing . . . good for him.
              Yes, there are a lot of impressive "old" people in Kelowna. Very active lifestyle here and it seems to attract "fit" seniors.

Comment

Was the last of my buds to move off the blue tees. Was 59.
                Currently 62
                Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV blue 55 s
                Ping G425 5 wood
                Ping G425 7 wood

Ping G425 4 Hybrid
                Srixon Z 785 irons - Nippon Modus 120 s
                Titleist SM8 54S, 58D
                Bettinardi Queen B6

Tour B RXS Golf Balls - yellow
                hcp- 6

Comment

I don't remember .
                  TorontoGolfNuts.com/TGNFantasy

Comment

I realized my best days were over when my son's 5 wood flew where my 3 wood rolled out .That was twenty years ago.
                    We are having a rematch in 10 days. pray for me.LOL
                    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                      I realized my best days were over when my son's 5 wood flew where my 3 wood rolled out .That was twenty years ago.
                      We are having a rematch in 10 days. pray for me.LOL
                      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post

This ain't LIV Golf.

Comment

Originally posted by rulie View Post

I'm depending on the ,"I'm your father," Jedi mind game., This is not the ball you're looking for. LOL
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Ages and distance with driver.
                            started golfing at age 14.
                            14 - 18 less then 200 yards
                            19 - 21 200-230 yards
                            21 - 24 230-250 yards
                            24 - 42 280+ yards but could hit well past 300 if I wanted to but lost control of where I wanted the ball to go. I also became a very good golfer by age 23 and jointed the APGA amateur tour. I also entered in long drive contests in my early 30s and won a few times with drives 360 - 420 yards.
                            43 - 54 gave up golf and did not golf for over a decade.
                            55 - present 240-250 yards, I'm 62. Took up golf again at 55.
                            Driver: Wilson D200 (set at 9*),UST Mamiya Elements Chrome Stiff.
                            3W: Wilson D200,UST Mamiya Elements Chrome Reg.
                            7W: Taylor Made (that's it bought in 1986)
                            Irons: Ping I-irons Yellow Dot, 4-9 + W45*+ UW50*, CFS 70gram Graphite Reg.
                            Mack Daddy 60/10 Wedge
                            Putter: Ping Anser Beryllium Copper Putter (bought it in 1982)

Comment

Originally posted by okgndave View Post

I played with a guy who is 75 yesterday and he hit some drives around 280, again very flexible.
                              The keyword is "some", the downhill down wind ones I suppose

Either way I am impressed !

Comment

Originally posted by wongmb View Post

The keyword is "some", the downhill down wind ones I suppose

Either way I am impressed !
                                There wasn't much wind to speak of, but there is a fair number of downhill holes and some of the angles taken on doglegs may make the yardages difficult to determine, but he really hit the ball solid (irons also) with a relatively short backswing.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X