Collapse

How do you store extra clubs?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store extra clubs?

I haven't played golf in a few years, but I have started to get back into the game.

As I look in my closet, apparently I have amassed 5 sets of irons. I have self diagnosed that I have a problem, since I am still looking online for a new set.

With that being said, how does everyone store their extra clubs?

Is there a better space saving method then others?

Also, how do you keep track and ensure they are getting appropriate rotation?

Getting back into the game and wondering how others manage their problems.

Mine are in the basement in a corner. Nothing too special. I have a few in the main closet upstairs though. When I needed to find an old 3 wood, it took me a bit of time to find it, so maybe I'm not the best to emulate. lol

Comment

Originally posted by christy42 View Post
      I haven't played golf in a few years, but I have started to get back into the game.

As I look in my closet, apparently I have amassed 5 sets of irons. I have self diagnosed that I have a problem, since I am still looking online for a new set.

At first I thought you were kidding about storage, especially when you mentioned rotating them. I've been playing golf for 60+ years. During that time, I've stored my clubs wherever there's room, inside or outside the home. They've always served me well, despite any abuse that I might have put them through. The only thing that I'm meticulous about is regularly cleaning the grips and the groves.
      This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

If in the rotation some will live on top of tires in a corner of the garage. The rest in spare bags in the basement.

Comment

Originally posted by christy42 View Post

Regarding your problem, someone visited a house and asked the owner where they stored their extra paper towels. The reply was the store.

Many have far more they need or will ever use - of everything including golf clubs!

I keep everything and can never find what I need when the time arrives...

Comment

I don’t have near the extra gear you have but I keep my 5 extra putters and my few spare wedges in a staff bag in my utility room

Comment

OP sell some of that old inventory and buy shiny new things .
              🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
              Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
              Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
              Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
              Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
              Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
              Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
              Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

How do you think I justify to my wife the multiple golf bags I own? Need somewhere to keep my extra clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Risky84 View Post
                  I don’t have near the extra gear you have but I keep my 5 extra putters and my few spare wedges in a staff bag in my utility room
                  I do the same but only two putter and some old clubs I had as a kid . . . just seems like I have to keep them.

When I get a new set I sell (basically give) the old set away. Last year I emptied my locker (I had 4 extra clubs) and did a trade a Golftown.
                  If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by QuentinJJ View Post
                    Many have far more they need or will ever use - of everything including golf clubs!

I keep everything and can never find what I need when the time arrives...
                    Oh, how I can relate to that.

I have multiple large 'brackets/hooks' that hang from the rafters in my garage. Would be relatively easy to do the same in an unfinished area of a basement.
                    Place my extra clubs lengthwise on those.
                    They lie flat. Don't have any other clubs/weight on them.
                    Are off the ground. And don't take up floor space.

Comment

I use shelves and golf bags.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X