Martin Chuck Tourstriker - Performance Golf - VIP Experience

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Chuck Tourstriker - Performance Golf - VIP Experience

Good morning,

Has anyone here gone to one of Martin Chuck's 2 day or 3 day VIP Golf Experiences at his Tourstriker location? I ask because Performance Golf is promoting one of these. I had a call with one of the sales people from Performance Golf which it sounded like a boot came lesson style for 2 or 3 days. I am just wondering if anyone here has gone and if so what was your review of the experience, as well did it truly make a difference in your game?

My concern is that if I invest that much money ($8K to $10K) is it really worth it. Or am I going to go and just realize I could have just done all of this with my golf instructor, invested into a few new clubs this year and saved the rest?

Don't get me wrong it would be a cool experience to have 2 or 3 days with Martin Chuck as a personal instructor.

What do you guys think?

Marty is an old friend and I always root for him -- that being said, maybe go thru a bunch of his vids on his youtube channel where the settings are at one of the schools and see if you can get a sense of the teacher/student ratio

Sometimes he does schools on his own up in the Northeast and even Toronto when he is visiting, so maybe try to book directly with him on the Tourstriker site or his instagram - that is a big chunk of change -- but if you were looking for a golf vacation anyways, maybe the numbers work.

I did a 5 day one-on-one camp at the Haney Ranch in McKinney, Tx (rip) in the mid 2000s -- it was just as Tiger was having results with Haney but it was incredibly well priced.

This is how I approached it.

1. Due to work, I had flight credit to Austin from NYC, so I drove up from Austin and saved some $$$ there (hence booking in the first place)

2. I booked with the most junior instructor, so the cost was incredibly affordable -- about $1200 US for the entire week

3. I picked a package that optimized my time there and my access to the facilities in general (I was given a 1.5 hour one on one session in the morning and then the afternoon on each day, outside of that I had UNLIMITED range use and UNLIMITED rounds on a Pete Dye 9 hole course on the grounds)

4. The program included a playing lesson on a 18 hole course -- just up the road where Colt Knost used to practice -- on the last day

4. They had a stay on site room option (much like Orange County National does in Florida) -- my room cost was literally around $25 per night

Maxing everything out like this made my investment money go an incredibly long way.

Did it help me? Unbeleivably.

I still work on some of the concepts taught to me -- I was self taught in the 70/80s and had begun playing again and wanted to finally take some consisten lessons (had taken the odd one off).

I think I played the Pete Dye course about 100 times -- ok I joke, but you could bomb around on a cart in about an hour and it wasnt ever packed. I chipped and putted and hit balls as much as I could. My game really improved even in the week. (It was a really tough little course).

Anything more, financial wise, I think it's better to just stay put, unless you can crunch other things you'd get to offset the cost.

Fun stuff just as a result of being at Haney's facility at the time:

- Tiger was there the week before practicing and had just won The Open that year, so got to hear tonnes of tidbits about what he was working on and how he and Stevie approached winning the Championship (calling out people in certain color shirts in the stands for targets, that is just how dialed he was)

- Got to see most of Hogan's personal pictures he had from his old office at The Hogan Company. Haney was able to house them in the putting facility in the main ranch teaching studio

- Hunter Mahan's dad was a lead instructor so got to hear lots of stories about Hunter (both good and bad lol)

I think you should see if you can catch one of Martin's schools up here in the NE and forgo the "VIP" portion, unless you are looking for a golf getaway type experience.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks eastendduffer​,

That does help and I am going to hold off because I do not think I am where I need to be to benefit from this type of lessons. I am already taking lessons at GolfTech and do not practice enough.

I need to get more consistent with my swing because it is coming along and I do have some nice hits. It's just not all the time. That is what I need to figure out, how to do the same swing each and every time.

Comment

Apparently, he has a drill that will get you striking perfect iron shots in 10 swings, even if you have no flexibility!... LOL

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
        X