Collapse

Cross hand chipping

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross hand chipping

Has anyone committed to crosshand chipping? I did midway thru last season. Really improved my consistency. Granted, it is not for everyone.

I've never even thought about trying it, but I presume that it works much the same as cross-handed putting.

Comment

I have seen Matt Fitzpatrick uses it occasionally when playing. You need to be paying attention to see him do it.

I have also seen it recommended for practice purposes for amateurs . The thinking behind that, is that it is effective in taking out the wrist action typical in flipping during the follow through of the stroke.

With a crosshanded grip, it is difficult to bend the lead wrist up, i.e. backwards, out of the plane of the stoke, and is useful in demonstrating and getting "the feel" for proper technique when chipping.

I think a lot of flippers could really benefit from this, even if it is just for practice.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

I've tried just about every chipping technique ever invented...including one arm, claw, left hand low, split grip, and innumerable swing path/backswing/face position methods. The yips are real and are VERY difficult to overcome...but the best advice IMHO is to swing very very slowly and to use minimal wrist/hand action. The rest is just "noise".

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X