Collapse

Restricting follow through for speed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricting follow through for speed

I think there was a thread about this. I could not find it. So just posting my “conversation “with chatgpt on this subject. Thoughts?

if you are swinging a golf
    club towards a ball, you restrict the follow through. Does that club head travel faster?

ChatGPT

If you restrict the follow-through while swinging a golf club, the club head is likely to have a faster speed at impact with the ball. Limiting the follow-through can result in a more forceful and focused transfer of energy to the ball during the swing.

Why?

ChatGPT

When you restrict the follow-through in a golf swing, you reduce the dissipation of energy that occurs during the follow-through phase. A controlled follow-through allows more energy to be concentrated on the impact with the ball, resulting in a potentially faster club head speed at the moment of contact. It's about efficiently transferring the energy generated in the swing to the ball.

Got on to this after watching this video

FWIW, here is the "original" post u mentioned.
    Cheers !
    https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/forum/golf-discussion-forum/golf-instruction/3621638-this-new-move-is-everywhere-stop-your-hands-at-impact

...and
    if that is the best "definition" AI can come up with, not worried to be replaced by it any time soon
    Last edited by veryold; Jan 9, 2024, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Yes, that’s the thread. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
        Yes, that’s the thread. Thanks!
        Welcome
        If ur interested in that kind of thing/move, maybe check out Martin Borgmeier's YT Channel. He's the 2022 World Long Drive Champion, and talks a lot about that same move, and he should know a thing or 2 about adding "Clubhead Speed" LOL.
        Cheers !

Comment

Thanks- checked it out and he does promote the idea. Will have to try it !

Comment

Interesting topic and the link above to that other thread has some good information.

I was watching Rory's driver swing, face on, in slow motion and you could really see the throwing motion through impact. It looks to be a result of good weight transfer where your lower body - lead knee, hips - start the downswing.

Comment

this is the best explanation and demonstration I could find.
              The golf swing is simplistically a lever system being moved by your body rotation. The whole thing is driven by applying pressure against the ground. The w...

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X