My Swing - 2 drives

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Swing - 2 drives

Originally posted by DASSMan View Post
    Wouldn't being super long off the tee require an even stronger short game?

now instead of 50 yard pitches, youll have 40 yard pitches.

Unless your playing from 7200 yards, the distance shouldnt be a factor. You are PLENTY long...

In fact you would probably score better by laying up witha 3 wood or hybrid on the par 4s and giving yourslef a full wedge in...IMO

on the par5's have at 'er.

Comment

Originally posted by TMRY9 View Post
      now instead of 50 yard pitches, youll have 40 yard pitches.

Unless your playing from 7200 yards, the distance shouldnt be a factor. You are PLENTY long...

In fact you would probably score better by laying up witha 3 wood or hybrid on the par 4s and giving yourslef a full wedge in...IMO

on the par5's have at 'er.
      This is what I'm saying. It seems OP has trouble with 80yds and in. So why wouldn't he want to leave himself the full wedge or 9i instead of being in that danger zone of <80yds. Fact is, it's allot easier to stop a ball on the green with a wedge/short iron than a 3w from 230+ out. JMO of course.
      WIT PING DLX cart bag:
      Titleist 910 D3 8.5° Proforce V2 XS
      PING G10 15.5° PING TFC 129 S
      Titleist 910H 21° Diamana Ka'li S
      PING i15 black dot Z-Z65 +1 S 4-PW
      Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl 52°, 56°, 60° 2 dot
      Titleist ProV1x
      Putters:
      Bettinardi Signature Model Two D.A.S.S/F.I.T. 35"
      Ben Hogan by Bettinardi BHB5*SS D.A.S.S 34"
      TaylorMade Rossa TP by Kia Ma Daytona 35"
      Odyssey Teron XG White hot 34"

Comment

Jesus waited three days to come back to life. It was perfect! If he had only waited one day, a lot of people wouldn't have even heard he died. They'd be all, "Hey Jesus, what up?" and Jesus would probably be like, "What up? I died yesterday!" and they'd be all, "Uh, you look pretty alive to me, dude..." and then Jesus would have to explain how he was resurrected, and how it was a miracle, and the dude'd be like "Uhh okay, whatever you say, bro..." And he's not gonna come back on a Saturday. Everybody's busy, doing chores, workin' the loom, trimmin' the beard, NO. He waited the perfect number of days, three. Plus it's Sunday, so everyone's in church already, and they're all in there like "Oh no, Jesus is dead", and then BAM! He bursts in the back door, runnin' up the aisle, everyone's totally psyched, and FYI, that's when he invented the high five. That's why we wait three days to call a woman, because that's how long Jesus wants us to wait.... True story
        Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Originally posted by WILL View Post
          Jesus waited three days to come back to life. It was perfect! If he had only waited one day, a lot of people wouldn't have even heard he died. They'd be all, "Hey Jesus, what up?" and Jesus would probably be like, "What up? I died yesterday!" and they'd be all, "Uh, you look pretty alive to me, dude..." and then Jesus would have to explain how he was resurrected, and how it was a miracle, and the dude'd be like "Uhh okay, whatever you say, bro..." And he's not gonna come back on a Saturday. Everybody's busy, doing chores, workin' the loom, trimmin' the beard, NO. He waited the perfect number of days, three. Plus it's Sunday, so everyone's in church already, and they're all in there like "Oh no, Jesus is dead", and then BAM! He bursts in the back door, runnin' up the aisle, everyone's totally psyched, and FYI, that's when he invented the high five. That's why we wait three days to call a woman, because that's how long Jesus wants us to wait.... True story
          And with this, all my golf problems have been solved!

Callaway Blayne Standbag:
          TaylorMade M1 9.5*
          TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
          TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
          TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
          Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
          5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
          Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
          Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
          Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

Not the prettiest swing but if you're bombing it 300 plus who cares? You want to make it a bit prettier, maybe just hold your finish a bit longer without really changing up your swing.

Comment

you just won the internet!
              What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
              TM Rescue 17*
              TM M2 4-AW
              TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
              Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

You will forever be known as F-face Justin.
                The second video should go into the "stand bag on tee box" thread! That would be hilarious

But yea, if you're already bombing drives 280-300, work on the short game if you want to consistently score low. You mentioned about working on accuracy and from 80y in. Spend time working on that and you'll be fine.

Comment

This is right up there with "Best roommate ever". Maybe one up.
                  WIT PING DLX cart bag:
                  Titleist ProV1x
                  Putters:

Comment

Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
                    And with this, all my golf problems have been solved!

I'm just bored to death with this board and trying to entertain myself.

But seriously. The guys are right. You're going to outdrive me by 50 yards all day and (in all likelyhood) I'm still going to beat you. Fix the iron game and leave the big dog alone. Unless, of course, you're OB all day long.
                    Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Your recent posts have me reconsidering my pairing with you at BigWin, and any future games we play from this day forward.

Have you been huffing anything at work?

Comment

I'm just bored to death with this board and trying to entertain myself.

But seriously. The guys are right. You're going to outdrive me by 50 yards all day and (in all likelyhood) I'm still going to beat you. Fix the iron game and leave the big dog alone. Unless, of course, you're OB all day long.
                        WIT PING DLX cart bag:
                        Titleist ProV1x
                        Putters:

Comment

im sorry man.. swing looks great and everything...

but until you show me a launch monitor that says you hit that driver 340 i will never believe it.. Swing looks good.. but its not a "power" swing... i play/have played with guys that are legitimate 300yrd 'bombers'..

again you have nothing to prove to me, but seems a little repetitve on the board about how long you are..(or you think you are)

what course was this at?hole? yardage? etc etc
                          Epic 10.5 - Elements
                          Epic 3 wood - Elements
                          Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
                          King MB - Recoil Prototype
                          Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
                          Lamb Allendale
                          https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Comment

Originally posted by pix40 View Post
                            im sorry man.. swing looks great and everything...

but until you show me a launch monitor that says you hit that driver 340 i will never believe it.. Swing looks good.. but its not a "power" swing... i play/have played with guys that are legitimate 300yrd 'bombers'..

again you have nothing to prove to me, but seems a little repetitve on the board about how long you are..(or you think you are)

what course was this at?hole? yardage? etc etc
                            Measured by GPS, take it for what it is. I guess I should bring a portable trackman to the course. Oh and the second shot was 160 into the green on a 505 yard, straight par 5, from the tips. So its also simple math. Slight wind behind me. Might not be 340 to the yard, could be 342, 337 or anywhere around there, but 340 was the general idea.

It's not what I think, and you're right I have nothing to prove. I enjoy hitting long because it is what I am good at. If I didn't suck at my short game I might bring that up too. I posted a video about my swing, and what the ball does tells a lot about the swing, so that should be mentioned as well with swing videos.

You can ask people have played with, or just golf with me if you don't buy it. I'm good with that. Not to go out and prove anything, but to play a round. :edit: I see you're playing BigWin, lets hit the range before hand, since I don't tee off until 11:40.

This was hole 4 at Riverside.

Callaway Blayne Standbag:
                            TaylorMade M1 9.5*
                            TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
                            TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
                            TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
                            Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
                            5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
                            Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
                            Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
                            Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

i tee off at 11... love to see it in action on the range...
                              Epic 10.5 - Elements
                              Epic 3 wood - Elements
                              Mizuno JPX900 -22* Veylix Rome 988X
                              King MB - Recoil Prototype
                              Fourteen - 52/56/60PM -Recoil Prototype
                              Lamb Allendale
                              https://www.instagram.com/makerofputts/

Comment

Originally posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
                                Measured by GPS, take it for what it is. I guess I should bring a portable trackman to the course. Oh and the second shot was 160 into the green on a 505 yard, straight par 5, from the tips. So its also simple math. Slight wind behind me. Might not be 340 to the yard, could be 342, 337 or anywhere around there, but 340 was the general idea.

It's not what I think, and you're right I have nothing to prove. I enjoy hitting long because it is what I am good at. If I didn't suck at my short game I might bring that up too. I posted a video about my swing, and what the ball does tells a lot about the swing, so that should be mentioned as well with swing videos.

You can ask people have played with, or just golf with me if you don't buy it. I'm good with that. Not to go out and prove anything, but to play a round. :edit: I see you're playing BigWin, lets hit the range before hand, since I don't tee off until 11:40.

This was hole 4 at Riverside.

Range at Bigwin is irons only. I would tend to agree with pix40, but I don't really care. Have played with enough TGNers who have said they were bombers, and aren't to take everything with a grain of salt. Usually the ones who hit it 300yds aren't telling us all about it.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X