Collapse

Ireland Recommendations

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland Recommendations

Hello! Looking for good golf tour operator recommendations for a trip to SW Ireland next summer. Includes mix of golf and sightseeing for a group of 4 golfers and 4 spouses. Has anyone used a good company that they can recommend? We will also price out ourselves but would really like someone to take care of the driving. Thx!

I'd get on that sooner rather than later if you're hoping to play the big names (Ballybunion, Waterville, Lahinch).

Comment

If you really want to splash out and impress the ladies, for at least one night, take a look at Adare Manor. Conditioning is like Augusta and the hotel is about as good as you can get.

And I will back up what was previously said above about booking in advance. Played Ballybunion last year and my sister had booked a year in advance. Although you can get on the Cashen (new) a little easier ( and cheaper).

Sorry I can't recommend an operator, as I wouldn't need one being from that rock originally

Comment

I probably like the Cashen more than some, but it would be a tragedy to go to Ballybunion and not play the Old (assuming OP has not played it previously).

Comment

Demand for the big names is very high, and they charge accordingly
          Playing the big names of N Ireland next May, and the prices will choke a horse

Comment

Guess I shouldn't show you my receipt from RCD in 1988 for 17 pounds, 50 then. And that was for a day pass!

Comment

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post
              Guess I shouldn't show you my receipt from RCD in 1988 for 17 pounds, 50 then. And that was for a day pass!
              The current green fee has certainly outpaced inflation over the years !

Comment

I’ve used St Andrews Golf & Travel twice now for booking UK golf trips. Highly recommend, very high touch service. Ask for Graeme.

Comment

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post
                  I probably like the Cashen more than some, but it would be a tragedy to go to Ballybunion and not play the Old (assuming OP has not played it previously).
                  I love the Cashen course, except for a couple of quirky holes. Hard not to like playing links golf beside that beach and Atlantic.

Comment

Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post

The current green fee has certainly outpaced inflation over the years !
                    Absolutely! Golf inflation has certainly outpaced real inflation, as I'm sure we all feel.

From the point of view of golf tourism, Ireland was still pretty undiscovered in 1988. It may be hard for younger people to even imagine, but with no Internet it was far from clear which courses we should even try to play. We relied almost exclusively on a small magazine supplement from one of the English golf mags. If the author left out a course, we didn't play it. In retrospect I think we hit everything we would have with better information, except for Waterville and maybe Dooks.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X