Collapse

New here - staying in Toronto, May-June

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here - staying in Toronto, May-June

My wife is doing work on her PhD in Toronto, and me and our two boys are coming along (I'm currently on paternity leave with our youngest).

We'll be arriving next Saturday, the 29th, and will be staying in Toronto for 2 months. We're from Denmark (Aarhus, specifically). My wife has lived for a year in both the US and Australia, but for me personally, this is my first time staying somewhere outside Denmark for a duration of more than 2 weeks.

I'll not be bringing my clubs with me, as I suspect golf time will be very limited with a 4.5yo and 7 month old on my hands full time. But my wife has graciously given me a green fee for Eagles Nest GC for Christmas, so I'll be going golfing at least once while I'm in Toronto (I've been salivating at the pictures on their website ever since Christmas!).

I'm looking for the following:
    1) Good advice on availability of cheap ranges, indoor ranges or similar close to where we'll be staying (Bloor West Village).
    2) Any possibility of privately lending or renting clubs for part of or the duration of our stay in Toronto.
    3) All depending on my availability, which as stated will probably be limited, (a) fellow golfer(s) to play rounds with.

I'm currently playing off handicap 23.2 (EGA), and if it's of any interest, here's my Game Golf profile:
    Last edited by Ploehmann; Apr 22, 2017, 05:41 PM.

Re: New here - staying in Toronto, May-June

Hi Peter, welcome to Canada and the Nut Bunch!!
    U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Where in the city are you staying?

Comment

Congrats on your recent eagle and hole in one. That's awesome!!
        What's in the bag?
        TM M2
        Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
        PING Sigma G Putter
        Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

welcome to Toronto Peter.

Following you now on Gamegolf.
          Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51​

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Welcome to Canada and to the forum.
            Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, everyone :-)

And the only problem with that hole-in-one on Wednesday was that, apart from my youngest sleeping in the stroller, I was the only one present - such a waste, but I'll always have it at least.

We're staying on Deforest Road in Bloor West Village in a semi-detached house.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploehmann View Post
                Thanks for the welcome, everyone :-)

And the only problem with that hole-in-one on Wednesday was that, apart from my youngest sleeping in the stroller, I was the only one present - such a waste, but I'll always have it at least.

We're staying on Deforest Road in Bloor West Village in a semi-detached house.
                I know what you mean. 2 of mine happened when I was playing alone. You know that you got one.....that's what counts!
                U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Originally posted by goshawk View Post
                  I know what you mean. 2 of mine happened when I was playing alone. You know that you got one.....that's what counts!
                  Yeah, that's what I'm going with as well :-D

In a grip of fevered panic, I shot a video just after it'd dropped, with the walk from tee to the ball in the hole (I'd my youngest sleeping in the stroller at the time):

Comment

Haha! That's hilarious. Oh and way to make sure you fixed your ball mark
                    What's in the bag?
                    TM M2
                    Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
                    PING Sigma G Putter
                    Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Originally posted by Ploehmann View Post
                      Yeah, that's what I'm going with as well :-D

In a grip of fevered panic, I shot a video just after it'd dropped, with the walk from tee to the ball in the hole (I'd my youngest sleeping in the stroller at the time):
                      https://youtu.be/ZpxL6p7Go6g
                      Well done Peter!! I'd call that video evidence!!
                      U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

I call shenanigans. The baby put the ball in the cup as you were fixing the ball mark

but in all seriousness well done!

Comment

Welcome to Toronto Peter. Once I pass tax deadline day (which is tomorrow) I will have more time to golf.

If you are a righty, I can lend you my son's clubs (nothing special). If you are a lefty I can lend you my spare set (Ping i15s).

I live in the East end of Toronto and if you need a golfing partner (and can play on during the week), I can join you.

Comment

Very nice gesture by cgarn. BTW Looks like he's a Righty to me in his video.

Anyways Peter if that does not work there maybe another good option for you with SportsYard a sponsor on this forum. They might have the clubs you need and you might even find a set from all the used clubs they have and rent for the season or whatever, just my $0.02 worth.
                            Last edited by 4underthru9; May 14, 2017, 11:04 AM.
                            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Hi there, I live up the road on Windermere about a 5 minute walk. I'm always looking for partners. I have a set of clubs (although it's not s full set). I try to get out when I can. If you are interested let me know. I'm not as good as you, I hit around 100. But if you don't mind, we can schedule some time. I usually play at lakeview about 25 mins from here.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X