Ready Golf??? For Better or For Worse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ready Golf??? For Better or For Worse

Originally posted by Benz View Post
    Two weeks ago I watched a three-some finish up on a par-3. Two of the guys finished and then stood ten feet away from the last to putt. He putted, and then walked about twenty feet (in a direction away from the next tee) to pick up the flag and put it back in the hole. Saw the same thing on the next par-3 as well.
    Since when does it make sense for the last guy putting to also be responsible to replace the flagstick?
    When two are VP's and the third is an employee?

Comment

Originally posted by WDM1980 View Post
      Some courses even allow denim.

I've even heard that some courses allow women not only to play, but to join!

Ok, joking aside, there will always be some courses that don't fold to certain fashion such as not wearing a jacket and tie in the clubhouse, not wearing knee socks with shorts, and wearing a hat with the brim pointed other than forward. I think many will give in to attract a younger crowd as the older crowd thins out. Still, the old pics of guys playing in a jacket and tie are cool.
      Arcane rules regarding dress and conduct are what caused Moe Norman to be ostracized for decades and therefore never realize his full potential.

Moe played very fast and had a habit of walking directly to his own ball and hitting it when he arrived.

Comment

OP I think struggled to make his point. That being that the umbrella of "ready golf" is being mis-used by his partner(s) to suggest that they need not rush since by virtue of ready golf they cannot be holding you up.

I think this is this OP's point ;-)

P

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
          Two weeks ago I watched a three-some finish up on a par-3. Two of the guys finished and then stood ten feet away from the last to putt. He putted, and then walked about twenty feet (in a direction away from the next tee) to pick up the flag and put it back in the hole. Saw the same thing on the next par-3 as well.
          Since when does it make sense for the last guy putting to also be responsible to replace the flagstick?
          is right. Watch the guy keeping score on the next tee....rarely ready to play. Quite often I walk right from green to tee and hit it while others are still walking up. Mark the score as you're walking!!

Comment

I believe in ready golf, but it does get abused. There is no simple answer to this ongoing problem with golf.

Comment

The R&A will be implementing a "ready golf" policy for this years British Amateur event

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
                The R&A will be implementing a "ready golf" policy for this years British Amateur event

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/golf/r...ship-1-4372965
                I got a little chuckle when I read the CE's name was Martin Slumbers....

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X