Relief from Dangerous situation in Hazard

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relief from Dangerous situation in Hazard

Interesting rules situation

Ball playable in a hazard, moved by an outside agency and the playable shot is a dangerous situation.

I'll take a stab

Player is allowed relief from a dangerous situation in the hazard 1-4/10, player can drop within 1 club length no closer to the hole away from danger in the hazard or nearby similar hazard. If that is not possible then a 1 stroke penalty keeping the original position of the ball between you and the hole. Also have the option of relief under rule 26 for a water hazard.

Re: Relief from Dangerous situation in Hazard

Assuming that the gator actually ate the golf ball, why would there be any penalties to the player?

Comment

Trailer for Happy Gilmore II?
      I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

From my understanding, the players threw the ball at the gator. So they should be kicked out of the course for being a**holes. No $$ refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
          Assuming that the gator actually ate the golf ball, why would there be any penalties to the player?
          The ball was already in the hazard, so you should play from the hazard. The stroke is only if you can't find relief in the hazard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
            The ball was already in the hazard, so you should play from the hazard. The stroke is only if you can't find relief in the hazard.
            Fair enough, but is there not an overriding premise in the rules that the player is not required to play from a dangerous location (e.g. near a beehive) regardless of whether or not that location is within a hazard?

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post
              Fair enough, but is there not an overriding premise in the rules that the player is not required to play from a dangerous location (e.g. near a beehive) regardless of whether or not that location is within a hazard?
              The situation falls under equity.

The key point it was playable and in a hazard.

1.4/10 provides relief from the dangerous situation but not the hazard/or equivalent hazard.

Comment

Originally posted by sauerkraut View Post
                From my understanding, the players threw the ball at the gator. So they should be kicked out of the course for being a**holes. No $$ refunded.
                could include an animal cruelty charge, what a knob.

Comment

It's a freaking dinosaur! take your stroke and drop wherever you feel safe around the area and carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by parskiandhutch View Post
                    It's a freaking dinosaur! take your stroke and drop wherever you feel safe around the area and carry on.
                    You don't necessarily have to take a stroke, so why would you?

Comment

Assuming I drop in another water hazard 10 yards away no closer to the hole and it is unplayable. Am I correct in concluding my relief from that hazard is actually using the point where the ball crossed the margin of the first hazard?

In this example the ball was sitting perfectly in the hard ground of the WH, is that a criteria for determining the place to drop in the other nearby WH?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X