Collapse

Retrieving your ball from the hole

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving your ball from the hole

I cannot stand jerks who use their putter to get their ball out of the cup - can't you bend down and pick it up! I have played behind groups who use their putter to scoop the ball out of the hole and they end up @#%#@ the rim of the cup!

What the hell is the matter with these people? Dont they know there are other people behind them that would like a nice smooth round cup to sink their birdie putts into?

There in nothing worse than coming to the green and seeing a beat-up cup!

I have been tempted many times to bury my putter in some jerks forehead for doing this!!!

If you see someone beating the crap out of the cup - tell a marshall! I have had a group thrown off for abusing the greens like this - if you see someone doing this - stop them! There are many people coming behind you that paid good money to enjoy their round and the course and shouldn't have to put up with this type of crap! Thats my 2c.

Re: Retrieving your ball from the hole

i had the group in front of us get thrown off of cennential on saturday.. i know its cennential but still they never fixed any divots on the greens, and then the tore the rip of the cup and the marshall and are group so them throw the flag stick on the green which did some damage..
    Aholes!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks flakes - i was so p****d about the putters i forgot about the guys who try to ram the flag stick in the hole as well!

Nothing like ruining a good course with people who beat up the greens and have no respect for others!

Comment

That bugs me also, bend over and pick the ball out of the hole, it really is not difficult.

Comment

Golftool

Next time that happens, I'd walk up to them and tell them to stop ruinning it for the rest of us. If they are too far aheadm THAT is what cell phones are for. I have palyed with a few people who tried it once in front of me and it was their last time. Even those I dont know, I would tell.
          I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted". ~Author Unknown

Comment

I absolutely hate this too. Had a friend that I occasionally play with that did it. Boy was everyone glad when he bought a 2 ball putt because it's to big to fit in the hole.

The flag stick thing bugs me too, but both bug me less if I'm playing with people that have never played before. I politely tell them that it's considered rude, because they are damaging the greens and explain why if they ask how, and after that I try to avoid playing with them again if they don't take heed.
            When I play golf, I always hit the ball really good, but then it always goes someplace really bad.

Comment

Talking about "damaging" the greens, what do you guys think about tiger's action last weekend? If he's supposed to be an example for the young ones, imagine how the grees will be looking soon
              To golf, or not to golf? What a stupid question!

Comment

Originally posted by mirak
                Talking about "damaging" the greens, what do you guys think about tiger's action last weekend? If he's supposed to be an example for the young ones, imagine how the grees will be looking soon
                He should be fined and whats with the F bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocknronny
                  He should be fined and whats with the F bomb.
                  Come on now... The word was "F"udge... . It's my story and I sticking to it... Why, because that's what the media is saying...
                  Golf, Squash... More Golf... Then Squash again... Life is good...

Comment

Shhhhhhhh
                    mikemakeitso already blasted me for saying the same thing.
                    I'm, guessing he doesnt mind putting on greens that look like a driving range tee off.
                    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted". ~Author Unknown

Comment

If he's supposed to be an example for the young ones, imagine how the grees will be looking soon
                      Really, that's in his job description?? I thought he was just some guy who plays golf for a living.
                      Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Golftool
                        I cannot stand jerks who use their putter to get their ball out of the cup - can't you bend down and pick it up! I have played behind groups who use their putter to scoop the ball out of the hole and they end up @#%#@ the rim of the cup!
                        Yup, couldn't agree more! Drives me f--king insane. I've played with someone that does that. Said something to him once and it wasn't well rec'd if you know what I mean. WTF are you supposed do when that happens?
                        Golf Completes Me

Comment

Originally posted by el tigre
                          Really, that's in his job description?? I thought he was just some guy who plays golf for a living.
                          You're kidding, right?
                          Golf Completes Me

Comment

Lets not forget people who putt out while the pin is still in the hole then pull up on the pin to get there ball out. I have seen more than a few holes get ruined this way. I have also seen step on holes and cave the edges right in.

If people are to fat or lazy to bend over and get thier ball out either don't play golf or take a gimmie on every hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Flogger
                              Yup, couldn't agree more! Drives me f--king insane. I've played with someone that does that. Said something to him once and it wasn't well rec'd if you know what I mean. WTF are you supposed do when that happens?
                              Tell the course.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X