No announcement yet.
Collapse

Driving range etiquette - when someone else's practice encroaches on yours

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the range today, they have quite a large green with about 6/7 holes dotted around ( with flags). Nobody was using the green when I arrived ( very odd), so I started chipping a few balls.

Hit about 20 and then walked over to pick them up. As I was in the middle of picking them up, a ball hopped past me, not too fast but enough to hurt an ankle. I looked up and this guy had just chipped his first ball. I gave him a dirty look but didn't say anything coz we've all hit thinners across the green. I continued to pick up my balls, while half-watching buddy. So I now see he is actually aiming for the hole I'm beside !!

Next ball comes near me ( and it's not a range ball, he had about ten bright yellow Top-Flites), so I scooped it up into the basket, then the last two of my own and walked away. He comes up to me and says "I think you have one of my balls" in a moany voice. I pick it out of the basket and gently throw it him, point my finger at him and say "Next time you aim a ball at me, I'm going to ram it so hard up your f'in arse, it'll come out your mouth". I think he schitt himself

Comment

I have been known to move if I get uncomfortable with nearby people and activities.

Not always soon enough, however...

_______
      NQRfPT

Comment

Originally posted by P25 View Post
        I almost came to blows with a DB senior at Devils Den. Put his clubs down literally right behind where my son was hitting. I looked at him dumbfounded for what probably felt like longer than it was. When he didn't move, I asked him to. To which he suggested my son and I - who had been there a good 20 minutes already - move. I lost it and threw his bucket out onto the range. Still can't believe it happened to this day.
        If this guy was sufficiently stupid to suggest that your son and yourself should move, how did he react to having his bucket distributed across the range? Is there any reason that you didn't just ignore him (IMO, that would have been more fun)?

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

If this guy was sufficiently stupid to suggest that your son and yourself should move, how did he react to having his bucket distributed across the range? Is there any reason that you didn't just ignore him (IMO, that would have been more fun)?
          My son literally could not take a swing without hitting his clubs in his back swing. Not sure how I could ignore that other than give in and move. I hate showing that side of myself (I'm really very mild mannered) to my son, but I don't want to teach him to accept other people bullying him or disrespecting him either.

Comment

My son literally could not take a swing without hitting his clubs in his back swing. Not sure how I could ignore that other than give in and move. I hate showing that side of myself (I'm really very mild mannered) to my son, but I don't want to teach him to accept other people bullying him or disrespecting him either.
            Tough situation that deserved a direct response.

Comment

I almost came to blows with a DB senior at Devils Den. Put his clubs down literally right behind where my son was hitting. I looked at him dumbfounded for what probably felt like longer than it was. When he didn't move, I asked him to. To which he suggested my son and I - who had been there a good 20 minutes already - move. I lost it and threw his bucket out onto the range. Still can't believe it happened to this day.
              lol. that's awesome. I could see myself doing the exact same thing. don't **** with my kids.
              MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

you could send away for an NRA Range T-shirt to wear next time.

things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X