Collapse

Stop Picking Up Balls!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestendStew View Post

Number 16 being the par 3 could see a shanked ball land on the fairway of #15 beside, possibly a serious push (a thin shot) on the 18th fairway behind the green or a wayward high fade/slice going to the teeboxes for #17 or a really, really, REALLY hard slice heading to the fairway of #13. It's more likely he meant #17 which runs adjacent to #13. That's a huge ball crossover point at Hornby. I don't know if I've ever played there are not seen someone playing the opposite fairway.

#13 is the 240yd par 3. #14 runs opposite #17 and yeah, big crossover point as both holes have trouble left so right is where you want to miss. It always makes for nervous moments when another group is playing from where you know your ball is. More so when they leave and the first ball you come upon is a Pinnacle lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pengyo View Post
      If Mr22putts is of Korean descent...does he get a free pass mentioning his own race?
      Actually, yes he does..

Originally posted by Mr22putt View Post
      I'll chime in...I'm the one who made the "Korean woman" comment....yes....I should not need to provide ethnicity nor gender.
      I suppose I did because I was so anger with her and we have had some poor experiences with some Koreans here while playing golf...mainly the guys.
      But yes...we've also had bad experiences with other people too........though poor golf experiences of all kinds are generally uncommon.

But...I have also really enjoyed playing golf with many Korean golfers here too....male and female.
      We use to play golf with 3 separate Korean ladies via a league who were so much fun to golf with....all the guys always wanted to play golf with them.

There are so many Koreans who golf here...they are so addicted to golf...the women are addicted to the game too.
      They play golf so much here....probably because golf is so expensive in Korea....so they really appreciate the reasonable priced golf.

Am I Korean?...no...I'm Chinese.
      So if any one has a story or two about a Chinese man or woman picking up their golf ball...please share the story...I will enjoy reading how my fellow countrymen/women can be fools for picking up a ball they didn't hit.
      Understood. Being chinese gives you a pass, as you can likely tell the difference between different Asian ethnic groups. Agreed, that Koreans are golf crazy.. especially the women. BC, must be just as bad (or worse) than Ontario in that sense.
      I am glad that you didn't attach any emotion to my post, it was simply a question, and you clarified your answered for me. Appreciate that.

Comment

I had a guy in my own foursome pick up my ball while I was helping another guy locate his. Clearly the guy who picked up my ball didn't watch my tee shot. I wasn't on the fairway but not too far off. Oh well.

Comment

My BIL will use any ball landing near a patch of rough as an excuse to go ball hunting. Finding the player's ball is incidental to his purpose. He is addicted to ball hunting. It drives me nuts.

Once I send an errant drive off to the right and looked like it may have bounced into the edge of the rough.

As we approached the site, I said that my ball should be right around this spot.

Sure enough, two steps later he bends down, picks up a ball from the rough, looks at it and pockets it.

I asked him what it was and sure enough it was mine.....

I was so peeved it ruined the last three holes.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
            I had a guy in my own foursome pick up my ball while I was helping another guy locate his. Clearly the guy who picked up my ball didn't watch my tee shot. I wasn't on the fairway but not too far off. Oh well.
            Why did you have to mention that it was a guy?....

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Thats sexist.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wedges View Post

Thats sexist.
                It was.

And after we clear that up, I want to know whether he was walking or in a cart....

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Dunno, sounded better than "golfer". Wasn't really a buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post

Dunno, sounded better than "golfer". Wasn't really a buddy.
                    Maybe a pal?

Comment

[QUOTE=iSlice;n2848381]
                      Actually, yes he does..
                      Understood. Being chinese gives you a pass, as you can likely tell the difference between different Asian ethnic groups. Agreed, that Koreans are golf crazy.. especially the women. BC, must be just as bad (or worse) than Ontario in that sense.
                      I am glad that you didn't attach any emotion to my post, it was simply a question, and you clarified your answered for me. Appreciate that.
                      /QUOTE]

Why do you say bad or worse, what are you trying to say here?
                      I think it is great that there are a lot of Koreans playing golf in Ontario, most are polite and respectful of the game, as in all cases there is a bad apple here and there.
                      I have played with them multiple times and enjoyed their company, many of the ladies would offer their home made Korean snacks which were very tasty
                      with funny names and strange colours, some even invited me to go try Korean food with them after their round at their favourite eatery.

When I was Marshaling on one occasion a Chinese golfer, yes he told me he was Chinese, said in his country Marshals had lots of power and could punish people for being bad.
                      Later, I caught up with him as some golfers behind his group were rightfully complaining of slow play.
                      Jokingly I suggested to him, that if they did not pick up their POP, I would put on my Chinese Marshal's hat and deal with them.
                      We had a good laugh and things picked up and went well for the rest of the round.. .
                      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by Mookie View Post

Maybe a pal?
                        Lol I wouldn't go that far. Playing partner?

Comment

A simple rule to remember will avoid most of these lost ball situations. A ball is not lost until it stops rolling.
                          Cheers!
                          -- Bill --

Comment

You have problems with someone picking up your ball? Well I do too, and I hate it. However a few years ago my buddy left a Scotty Cameron by the green, because of a chip in and then a hole later he realized he left it, goes back a 4 some of Asians, so he politely asked if they found it, they said no. Then he went to a hole prior to that and obviously it wouldnt be there so he wen't and one of the guys had it in his bah and he was covering it with another head cover.

Comment

I once left a Cleveland wedge at Deer Creek. When I called to see if someone turned it in, the person laughed when I told them what club it was. They said rarely are good name brand clubs turned in -- only the crappy, low end clubs are in the lost and found. The only way to not stay mad is to believe in karma...

Comment

Originally posted by goudok View Post
                                goes back a 4 some of Asians,
                                Relevance?
                                Putting isn't golf, greens should be treated almost the same as water hazards: you land on them, then add two strokes to your score.
                                - Chi Chi Rodriguez

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X