Collapse

Push/pull carts on tee box

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push/pull carts on tee box

What are people's thoughts on the acceptability of having your push/pull cart resting inside the tee box?

Re: Push/pull carts on tee box

Push carts weigh less than the lawn mowers that cut the grass (or the 300lb doods that stand there).

Comment

I am OK with it and I do it regularly. I have only received one comment about it in the past and that was in Ireland, but I also don't play high end courses so don't have that context.

But, when I am a guest at a private course, I will not put my cart on the tee blocks unless invited to do so.

Titleist Bags
      Ping G15 Driver 10.5
      Ping G25 3 Wood 15
      Ping G25 Hybrid 20
      Ping G25 Hybrid 23
      Ping I25 4-PW Steel
      Titleist SM4 50/54/58 Degree
      Scotty Cameron Tel3 OR
      Ping Anser (Original)
      Bushnell Z6

Comment

I have no problem placing my cart on the edge of the tee box, it causes no damage.

Comment

I do not do it out of habit, but not really sure why. Does not seem any harm would happen but just the same, would probably raise an eyebrow if someone pushed their cart straight between the blocks setup for that day, again not really sure why. Would think that it is hypothetically worse for the tee box to set a stand bag down on it then roll a set of wheels over it. More pressure per square inch on the ground contact points from a stand bag. Either way I cannot see damage being done either way.

Maybe it has more to do with preventing bags from affecting line of sight for people teeing off, especially if someone is trying to get in someone elses head. Keep them all off to the side and any potential problem is avoided.

Comment

I personally don't have a problem with it. Not much different that someone doing the same with their bag.
            Cobra S2 10.5 - Stock Fuji
            Cobra Baffler TWS 20 - Aldila NVS
            Cobra Baffler TWS 23 - Aldila NVS
            5-PW Mizuno MX23 - DGS300
            Mizuno MP-R 52.07 - DGS300
            X-Forged MD 56 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
            X-Forged MD 60 - Rifle Spinner 5.5
            Odyssey Black Tour Design #9
            Titleist ProV1x

Comment

I'm all FOR it, I didn't know there was an issue?
              ....now on GREENS, that's different!!!
              Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I dont really want to see it on the Tee box, but I have no problem with you doing it...If it bothers me, I'll ask you to move it.

YEsterday I played with a guy who rolled his all over the fringe in the greens and left it there.... I didn't say anything but I didn't like it!

Comment

As long as it is out of the line of sight when your in the teeing area, NP.

Comment

Not on IMO. I think it comes down to respecting the course and your playing partners. I love to hit from a nice tee box and carts scatterred about take away from the visual appeal. They also can be in your perepheral vision. You may argue wear and tear on the tee box but I think that is a stretch.

Comment

I don't do it out of habit, but last weekend the grounds crew were cutting around the 18th tee when I got there so I just parked my 3 wheeler on the edge. The guy thanked me, finished his cut and since I had to wait for the group in front of me, he was gone before I tee'd off.
                      In The Ogio
                      Driver - Titleist TS4 w/Diamana
                      Fairway Wood - KZG CH-II 3 wood w/Accra HF
                      Hybrids - Nakashima NX 3 and 4 w/Accra HF
                      Irons - Wilson FG Tour V2 w/KBS Tours
                      Wedges - Wilson FG Tours w/TT DG SPinners
                      Putter - Scotty Cameron Red X​
                      MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I believe you can take your push/pull cart right across the greens at Bayview and the conditions there are wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                          Not on IMO. I think it comes down to respecting the course and your playing partners. I love to hit from a nice tee box and carts scatterred about take away from the visual appeal. They also can be in your perepheral vision.
                          Agreed. It is just BAD etiquette.

Interestingly, on Wednesday, I watched the current leader at the Canadian Mid Amateur Championship at the Royal Ottawa Golf Club, push his cart across an up tee on his way to a back tee. It raised a few eyebrows. Perhaps it's a more local thing. In this area, it's just not done.

Comment

If it's not in anyone's line of sight or play I am ok with it. People put their stand bags on the tees all the time.

Comment

they shouldn't be anywhere on the tee box, same with standbags. They are an unnecessary distraction to the player about to tee-off. Players who stand anywhere in line of sight are just as guilty. Why would you drag your bag up to there anyway? Why not just drive the golfcart onto the tee box so you can save the walk for a last minute club switch.Jeez.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X