Collapse

RCGA and GAO Handicap Entry

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCGA and GAO Handicap Entry

Are the GolfNorth courses part of the GAO/RCGA(GolfCanada) network for online score entry and handicap lookup.
    Every person listed under Paris has NH for the handicap and several GolfNorth courses are not listed at all.

thanks

Re: RCGA and GAO Handicap Entry

GolfNorth courses may not be members of the GAO so they are not listed. Players may have to enter their scores manually as long as the courses have a rating/slope. I posted Calerin Golf course (GolfNorth) that way.

Comment

Originally posted by olmanracer View Post
      GolfNorth courses may not be members of the GAO so they are not listed. Players may have to enter their scores manually as long as the courses have a rating/slope. I posted Calerin Golf course (GolfNorth) that way.
      Not sure this is legit. If a course isn't registered with RCGA and paying to be able to use the handicap system (an annual obligation, I think), then scores from the course aren't acceptable for handicap purposes.

Sharkhark had a long thread about this re Humber Valley, and I'm sure Matt Mckay of the RCGA has explained this before, too.

Just because a course prints a rating and slope on the scorecard doesn't mean you can post a score.
      ----
      Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Originally posted by bk51 View Post
        [...] I'm sure Matt Mckay of the RCGA has explained this before, too.

Just because a course prints a rating and slope on the scorecard doesn't mean you can post a score.
        One spot was here:

Chat about your favourite, best and worse Toronto golf courses. Share experiences or ask questions about Golf Courses and Country Clubs in the GTA, Ontario, Canada, or top golf travel destinations.

_______
        NQRfPT

Comment

The prohibition against entering scores from non-member courses applies even to those that had been rated when they were members in good standing with the regional RCGA organization.
          This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Does anyone know if GolfNorth is a GAO/GolfCanada member?
            Do the courses separately join?

Comment

Here is my understanding of the situation. It is the actual courses on which one plays that have to be rated by the RCGA (in Canada) or the USGA (in the States). And those courses will not be rated or have their ratings maintained unless the owners pay the requisite annual dues to the regional member organzitions such as the GAO in the Toronto are or the OVGA in the Ottawa-Gatineau area for example. Once the courses have been rated and assuming that the annual dues have been paid, then the name of the course and its various ratings and slopes will appear on the course handicap course listings for Canadian and US courses so as to enable the player to enter his adjusted score.

It is possible to manually enter an adjusted score for courses that were rated but are no longer members, as a result of which their names do not appear on the course list. However, one should not do so as it will jeapordize the legitimacy of one's sanctioned handicap.

Originally posted by wlorcb View Post
              Does anyone know if GolfNorth is a GAO/GolfCanada member?
              Do the courses separately join?
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

I know you can post scores from Mystic and Paris Grand. What courses aren't you seeing?
                TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Pingnut View Post
                  I know you can post scores from Mystic and Paris Grand. What courses aren't you seeing?
                  Every player listed under Paris had NH for their h/c.
                  Burford does not appear anywhere that I can find(of course this may be the result of brain damage)

Comment

It's curious that Osprey Valley maintains their annual status for all 3 courses. They don't have a membership to keep happy, and it costs them 3x as much as other places.

Glad they do, the courses are too good for us not to be able to get credit for what we score.
                    ----
                    Long Live the Patriarchy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X