ALL HAIL THE 7 WOOD!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ALL HAIL THE 7 WOOD!

Originally posted by pdemerson View Post
    This thread prompted me to re unite with my old Steelhead III Plus 7 wood. I took it to the range and started firing big high draws, and so much more forgiving than the 4H. Goodbye 4H. Hello sweet 7 wood.

This also got me sniffing around golf shops - you don't see them very often in stores. If I'd seen that K15 I probably would have snagged it too.
    I think the Weston Rd GT had a couple of right handed K15's but I would call them before driving there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smittyman View Post
      I think the Weston Rd GT had a couple of right handed K15's but I would call them before driving there.
      Thanks i will check

Comment

I came across this thread and it brought back all my fond 7 wood memories. Since I switched to the Karsten irons and re-built my bag the 7 wood hasn't been able to make it back into the line-up at all this season. The Karsten 4 hybrid (22 degrees) is as long as my old baby.. and I've now moved to a 5 wood (K15 as well) with a slightly tweaked shaft so it's the same length and SW as the old 7 wood (another R8tedM custom job).

I finally put the 7 wood up on the BST… I think it's time someone else has a chance to experience the greatness that is a 7 wood! :-)
        Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
        Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
        Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
        Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail 25*
        Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
        Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
        Putter: SGC WB Northwood
        Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

I just bought a Cleveland Mashie 7 wood, inconsistent results so far, but the great hits were absolute lasers.
          Cobra Fly-Z - stock Stiff Matrix, playing at 44 inches
          Snake Eyes Tour Viper 3 wood, 2 hybrid.
          Maltby Ke4 Tour irons, 4,6,8,P - Integra i-drive stiff
          Powerbilt 52 degree
          Snake Eyes 60 degree
          Seemore FGP

Irons and woods fitted by Dan's Custom Golf Shop

Comment

We have an event on our Men's nite. 3 clubs and a putter. I chose a 4 resue, 6 iron, 47 PW and a putter of course. We had 4 guys under par ( I was 2 under and was betered by 2 shots). Something to be said about this!

Comment

A Michigan Pro's shots with his 7 wood made me scrounge for a Steelhead 7.
              It has lifetime membership in my bag.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                Made the deal with Dad today: traded him my back-up Cleveland putter & and TM Burner HL Hybrid for his SuperSteel 9-wood. We'll see how it plays out
                I once had a matching 7 and 9 wood.
                Loved the 7W and hated the 9W.
                Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

I have a lefty Taylor Made 200 Steel 7 wood that I will never get rid of. Depending on the course I will swap it out with my 4 hybrid.

Comment

I have a Taylor Made 7 wood I bought from the mid 1980's. it is still is the bag.
                    I use hit. It about 225 yards (stiff shaft) now only about 210, thinking of changing the shaft to reg. it is great for high soft landing on greens and out of the rough. It has groves in the sole for the rough and is a great rescue club also.
                    Driver: Wilson D200 (set at 9*),UST Mamiya Elements Chrome Stiff.
                    3W: Wilson D200,UST Mamiya Elements Chrome Reg.
                    7W: Taylor Made (that's it bought in 1986)
                    Irons: Ping I-irons Yellow Dot, 4-9 + W45*+ UW50*, CFS 70gram Graphite Reg.
                    Mack Daddy 60/10 Wedge
                    Putter: Ping Anser Beryllium Copper Putter (bought it in 1982)

Comment

scrounged an older mint Titleist pro-trajectory 980f 23*. May take it to Royal Ontario this Sat to blind test it to my Steelhead 7.
                      Never played the course either.
                      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I recently picked up a Ping G10 7 wood for $20 and put it in my bag for next year. Then my buddy put the golf clubs in his store up at 50% off and voila, Aero Burner left with me for $85. I hope I can hit one of them.

Comment

I used my 7 wood so much it became the only thing I used past 150 yards. I sold it and went to a 5 wood because of the distance gaps with my new hybrid. Before she went I had the specs from the 7 wood used to build the 5 wood. Same look and feel... just more yards!

Comment

Bringing the thread back to life... after 2+ years of my beloved K15 7 wood spending time with others I had the chance to reunite with her last month. After some refinish work and paint jobs she was in need of some TLC to bring back the magic. I sent her to Continental Golf and requested a matte grey finish with matte black i25 style stripes.

They sent me these pictures today...

I'm pretty excited!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jburns View Post
                              Bringing the thread back to life... after 2+ years of my beloved K15 7 wood spending time with others I had the chance to reunite with her last month. After some refinish work and paint jobs she was in need of some TLC to bring back the magic. I sent her to Continental Golf and requested a matte grey finish with matte black i25 style stripes.

They sent me these pictures today...

I'm pretty excited!
                              Looks great! I've been using a Ping K15 Driver for a year now and I still love it. I had a 7 wood which I did like but this season I replaced it with an M2 19 Degree. I absolutely love that club so I think my 7 wood days are over.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X