Collapse

The dreaded 4-putt

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dreaded 4-putt

American hockey player makes a 4-putt from 7 feet in a tournament this past weekend

Re: The dreaded 4-putt

Ha, have had three four putts over the years, at the National, Wyndance and Eagles Nest
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Easy to do at Cherry Downs...holes 9 and 18 have extremely difficult greens and when the are running fast you had better watch out.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
        Ha, have had three four putts over the years, at the National, Wyndance and Eagles Nest
        wow... you count these and actually remember where you "did the deed"? i try to put them out of mind very quickly after i've done it! those were some wicked lip outs that he had there.

Comment

Very easy to remember 4-putting. Around 5 years ago at Conestoga and last week at Quarry. New putter shortly after then and a new flatstick in the bag this week

Comment

Ugh; I recall 4 putting at Lake Joseph on a par 5 that I was on the green in 2 shots! There I was, thinking I could potentially get an eagle or at the very least, a birdie and next thing you know and 4 putts later - boom - bogie! :-(

I'm quite convinced that 'highly ranked' courses are probaby and usually for the most part tough!

And greens where the ball rolls as if it was on a slanted glass floor doesn't help either. :-(

Comment

I've had some doozies!!

About 15 years ago I was in Edmonton with my family and I was playing what I recall to be a municipal course. Short par 3 with a tired green. The issues were A) It had been very hot and dry so the greens were like rock, B) The bottom to top tier was about 3 feet difference dropping at an alarming rate!, C) the cup was right on the edge of the top tier... Need less to say after 8 putts a piece we picked up our balls (Mid-Week no one behind us, my pops is a stickler for that).

NewCastle #15 - Par 4 on in 1, then proceeded to 4 putt for a bogey.

Last year at Turnberry. Par 3 on in 1 and 4 putted.

Thankfully those are the only ones I can recall.
              Callaway Blayne Standbag:
              TaylorMade M1 9.5*
              TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
              TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
              TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
              Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
              5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
              Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
              Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
              Srixion Z-Star XV

Comment

A few years ago I watch the group ahead of us 4 putt....in a scramble.

To be fair, the pin was on a very tiny tier.
                I like big putts and I cannot lie
                You other putters can't deny
                That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Why would you post this? Now every one of us will be thinking about 4 putting the next time out.

For your next thread may i suggest the title, "Hey, when's the last time you hit one off the hosel?"

Comment

Originally posted by MannyR View Post
                    Easy to do at Cherry Downs...holes 9 and 18 have extremely difficult greens and when the are running fast you had better watch out.
                    It's real easy to do at CD..watched it done by tour players at the old Labatts
                    Blue Light Pro Am..can you say fast

Comment

Thats funny. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

Just three huh??
                        You must be a magician with that putter.
                        Or are you saying 3 from 7 ft?
                        Last edited by Bern; Jul 23, 2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMAzng01f3R View Post
                          Ugh; I recall 4 putting at Lake Joseph on a par 5 that I was on the green in 2 shots! There I was, thinking I could potentially get an eagle or at the very least, a birdie and next thing you know and 4 putts later - boom - bogie! :-(

I'm quite convinced that 'highly ranked' courses are probaby and usually for the most part tough!

And greens where the ball rolls as if it was on a slanted glass floor doesn't help either. :-(
                          I don't recall a 4 putt ever but I did make DB on par 5 #7 at Oakridge earlier this year after making the green in 2. Yup, 5 putt. In fairness I was on front right, pin was back right (very deep green) and there is a swale halfway back. Trouble started when first putt didn't get over the top of the swale leaving a 50 foot 2nd putt. Then I just got rattled.

I normally 2 putt or better.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                            I don't recall a 4 putt ever but I did make DB on par 5 #7 at Oakridge earlier this year after making the green in 2. Yup, 5 putt. In fairness I was on front right, pin was back right (very deep green) and there is a swale halfway back. Trouble started when first putt didn't get over the top of the swale leaving a 50 foot 2nd putt. Then I just got rattled.

I normally 2 putt or better.
                            The golf gods will reak havoc on the flatstick for your boasts.
                            If you want to experience a 4 putt, play Cherry Downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                              The golf gods will reak havoc on the flatstick for your boasts.
                              If you want to experience a 4 putt, play Cherry Downs.
                              Wasn't a boast. I've tracked my putts per hole for years ans it's been a steady 1.9. My problem is not making enough GIR.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X