Collapse

Golf Magazine Subscription

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Magazine Subscription

Being in the Montreal area now for nearly 1 1/2 years now, I find it hard to find Golf magazines in Walmart, Drug Stores or Depanneurs. When I do find them, there is only 1 or 2 to choose from. And it is hard to find them in English. Since I can't find the magazines on a monthly basis, why not go to the subscription way.

Now I have to decide whether to go paper or digital. And I could use some help picking the right one. Since we have only a couple of golf magazines, I don't what is out there to choose from.

I know there is Golf Magazine and Golf Digest. What other magazines are out there and if they come in paper or digital. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Re: Golf Magazine Subscription

Have you tried looking in Chapters?

Comment

I read Golf Digest via a digital subscription on my iPad. I find it quite enjoyable reading them on it.

Comment

I cancelled all magazine paper subscriptions in favor of digital via Next Issue
        Works great

Comment

Golf Digest is the preferred subscription pour moi (I used to alternate years between GD & GM)

I never bothered with the Digital version (which is free with GD subscrption) until I (finally) got a tablet
          Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

I prefer Golf Mag in paperback.

Comment

Another golf publication that you might enjoy is Golf World.
              This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post
                Works great
                I am thinking of this. Will subscription give you access on multiple devices? If not, is a tablet the best way to receive?

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
                  I am thinking of this. Will subscription give you access on multiple devices? If not, is a tablet the best way to receive?
                  I only read on the iPad so don't know, but I would think a phone would be too small to read Time magazine

You can choose from I am guessing 80 + titles, I read both Golf, Bloomberg, National Geographic, etc

if you read a lot of magazines as I do, it is a good deal and the postman never loses one

Comment

I get Golf Digest, National Geographic, Hockey News, Readers Digest and many more available thru the Mississauga Library site. All free if you have a library card and once downloaded, they stay on the device for as long as you want. Golf Digest is relatively new to the site. You have to download a program/app, I think it's Zinio, to make it work. It's been a couple of years since I started doing it so my download recollection isn't the best but I'm sure the Library site would walk you through it.

Comment

I guess the important question is, does the IPad go into the can with you? That's my big stopper from going all digital...

Comment

Originally posted by jimfastcar View Post
                        Works great
                        Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by MannyR View Post
                          Have you tried looking in Chapters?
                          I forgot about Chapters. There is one in laval right beside GolfTown. thanks

Comment

thanks for all of the suggestions. There was a few good suggestions between golf Digest, golf World or go full blown with next issue. Next Issue is only a few dollars more and you get lots of choices to choose from, not only golf.I went through all of the magazines that you can read and it would be good for both my wife and I.

Merci

Comment

Originally posted by OBBlues View Post
                              I get Golf Digest, National Geographic, Hockey News, Readers Digest and many more available thru the Mississauga Library site. All free if you have a library card and once downloaded, they stay on the device for as long as you want. Golf Digest is relatively new to the site. You have to download a program/app, I think it's Zinio, to make it work. It's been a couple of years since I started doing it so my download recollection isn't the best but I'm sure the Library site would walk you through it.
                              Just checked this service out for Toronto. It's excellent and very easy to use and set up. LOTS of mainstream US and Canadian titles available. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X