/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Men and women golfers - what do we want?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men and women golfers - what do we want?

The complaints and wishes of women at our club really amounted to fairness and a chance to play their 2nd shots in the area giving them a reasonable opportunity. Plus clean toilet facilities was quite high on the list. It used to be that forward tees used to be on the same tee box as the mens but some 5 yards or so ahead. The advent of more pros endorsing the use of forward tees by Senior men has enabled women to start having better tee off areas. In the matter of booze, I rarely see women except on company outings, having a drink on the course. Most of the time they carry a bag with the things they wish to drink and eat. Several women at our course eat carrot sticks. I am proud to say that in 41 yrs of golfing, I have managed to avoid eating carrot sticks. Not that it's bad. lol
    "I never answer the phone; there maybe someone on the other end!" Fred Couples

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
      A bench at every 2nd or 3rd tee (on the back nine) would certainly help us walkers. Having a seat while the 3 others tee off is enough time to help ease the pain in my knees or back – and would actually improve my game if I was able to get a bit of rest. If you're under 40, you may not understand this, but you will. Trust me, you will.
      Both my wife and I are over 55, and the only time the benches get used is when we have to wait (slow round)
      I appreciate what you are saying and would suggest a seat that mounts onto your cart may be more beneficial to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AjaxGolf View Post
        Both my wife and I are over 55, and the only time the benches get used is when we have to wait (slow round)
        I appreciate what you are saying and would suggest a seat that mounts onto your cart may be more beneficial to you.
        Carrying a seat around would be an added chore. I suppose I could do with fewer clubs in the bag to lighten the load.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

That's not really an option if you walk and carry.

I really enjoy a rest on a bench during the back 9. It doesn't add to slow play, I just sit while others hit, with ball and tee and club in hand.

Other than that, it seems like good forward tees and clean washrooms would make course more female-friendly. Well-placed ballwashers don't hurt either.
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
            Carrying a seat around would be an added chore. I suppose I could do with fewer clubs in the bag to lighten the load.
            I meant one of the seats that attaches to your cart.

For example: http://www.clicgear.com/accessories/seat.php

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post
              That's not really an option if you walk and carry.

I really enjoy a rest on a bench during the back 9. It doesn't add to slow play, I just sit while others hit, with ball and tee and club in hand.
              I never said a bench adds to slow play, what I meant is, if the pace of play was good, you wouldn't need a bench to sit down and wait for the group in front.

Comment

I never said a bench adds to slow play, what I meant is, if the pace of play was good, you wouldn't need a bench to sit down and wait for the group in front.
                Yeah, I had understood that.

But a bench is still welcome.

Even on a quiet course things happen and you can get held up for a bit - like waiting for an opportunity to play through, or when everything's moving along okay but the group in front loses two balls on one hole. They're not slow, you don't need to pass them, but they have a bit of a hiccup in the game.
                "Confusion" will be my epitaph
                ...Iggy

Comment

To whom it may concern,
                  Women have narrowed it down to flush toilets and wine/cheese on the course.
                  T/A mounted Beer and chip wagon for men. It's win win all round.
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Agree. More women players would help reduce boorish, ill-mannered behaviour too. Bring on the wine on the drink wagon!

Comment

• Re: Men and women golfers - what do we want?

I have a Clicgear, but do not like the seat option for it. At 48, I can walk the course, but being a bit heavy, it's tough on my knees and I feel it by the 13 or 14th hole. Not all golfers are as fit as we should be (but I'm working on it). Vowed to never get into a cart this season, unless we play Mystic.
                      – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
                        A bench at every 2nd or 3rd tee (on the back nine) would certainly help us walkers. Having a seat while the 3 others tee off is enough time to help ease the pain in my knees or back – and would actually improve my game if I was able to get a bit of rest. If you're under 40, you may not understand this, but you will. Trust me, you will.
                        How true.

Even if playing alone I might stop & sit for a couple of minutes, take a drink of water and catch my breath. Especially on a hot summer day. The cost would be minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakbridge View Post
                          Name me a course that has a hole on it with a forced carry of more than 150 yards...

... that was designed before 1960.

There aren't too many. And yet golf was extremely popular back in those days and didn't take as long to finish a round. The courses were just as challenging.

Way too often I've seen slow play issues that have been created by some of these foolishly designed holes.

Golf's participation levels are dropping. We need more juniors taking up the sport. Those kids need to be able to develop an enjoyment which often comes from gaining confidence.

But I shouldn't be surprised. The nasty comments about this comes from a forum where many of the members have no problem with a forced carry that long. The average length of their 7 irons tops 200 yards!
                          Well said.

Comment

Important things for me:

I want a clean bathroom - Coffee kicks in as I get to the course a clean bathroom is key.

Not packed to the **** with people - I hate waiting 10 mintues per hole.. it drives me insane.

Proper length holes - Par "Fives" that are 330 yards.. Listening to people brag about an eagle they got on the last "par 5" is annoying.

I agree with the no massive carries from the tee. There is no choice I am making here it's "I need to drive it x to get it over".. Now if it's a 200 yard carry or 130yard layup that is what I am talking about. Force me to make a choice instead of "oh need a drive to carry, OH HEY a driver to carry OH LOOK I NEED TO CARRY IT AGAIN! WHO WOULD OF GUESSED IT!?!?!?!"

Or even you need to carry it 80-160 yards or over 220. The you need to carry 200 to be in play or F you, I am not a fan of. I like the idea of needing to make a choice not having no choice.

What is with the hating on the wine... Good idea IMO, I'd even say perhaps a nice bottle of rum so I can have a rum and coke that would be cool.

Comment

I just returned from 5 days in FL with the BF and courses up here could take a page or two from courses down there. The BF is a 9 hcp. I am a 20.

We managed to play both Bay Hill and Mission Inn with absolutely no pace issues because the marshalls know how to marshall. Your cart GPS tells you when you're behind the pace and if the marshall sees someone trying to play from the back tees and unable to keep their ball in play, they are TOLD to move up. IMO, this is one of the biggest issues today - guys trying to play from too far back and not being able to keep their balls in play. Watching some yahoo spend 5 minutes after every single tee shot hunting in the rough for his ball wears thin really quickly. And the better FL courses simply do not allow it when the course is busy.

I never drink on course but what's the difference between a mini bottle of wine or a beer or a caesar? They all take the same time to sell.

People need to learn how to drive golf carts without zooming back and forth, walking back and forth to the cart 10 times, chatting instead of moving on, etc.

Give me decent tee boxes with grass, clean washrooms, a decent locker room, no bs from starters patronizing me because I am a woman and something other than a nasty hot dog, greasy burger or disgusting mayo laden sandwich to eat at the turn.

The icing on the cake would be to be paired with another couple but for the love of all that is holy, if you stick two other guys with us, please have to courtesy to mind your manners. Please?

Ella

Comment

Originally posted by Ella View Post
                                I just returned from 5 days in FL with the BF and courses up here could take a page or two from courses down there. The BF is a 9 hcp. I am a 20.

We managed to play both Bay Hill and Mission Inn with absolutely no pace issues because the marshalls know how to marshall. Your cart GPS tells you when you're behind the pace and if the marshall sees someone trying to play from the back tees and unable to keep their ball in play, they are TOLD to move up. IMO, this is one of the biggest issues today - guys trying to play from too far back and not being able to keep their balls in play. Watching some yahoo spend 5 minutes after every single tee shot hunting in the rough for his ball wears thin really quickly. And the better FL courses simply do not allow it when the course is busy.

I never drink on course but what's the difference between a mini bottle of wine or a beer or a caesar? They all take the same time to sell.

People need to learn how to drive golf carts without zooming back and forth, walking back and forth to the cart 10 times, chatting instead of moving on, etc.

Give me decent tee boxes with grass, clean washrooms, a decent locker room, no bs from starters patronizing me because I am a woman and something other than a nasty hot dog, greasy burger or disgusting mayo laden sandwich to eat at the turn.

The icing on the cake would be to be paired with another couple but for the love of all that is holy, if you stick two other guys with us, please have to courtesy to mind your manners. Please?

Ella
                                Well said!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X