Collapse

Is it MY green?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it MY green?

Sure, greenskeepers need to spend time on the greens (thank you for that, they're awesome this spring), but twice this week, we've had crew come on to the green as we were putting. I suppose it shouldn't bother me, but it threw off the rhythm.

The first occurance a guy wanted to change the hole location, but instead of waiting in the rough or even on the fringe, he came right up and stood several paces onto the smallish green. Almost right up with our group.

The second one at a difference course, it was the Marshall. He wanted to fix ball marks (thank you), but we would've preferred he waited for us to putt out. Distracting for sure.

So is it my green? First world problem for sure and it certainly didn't ruin my round (just that hole)... so curious to know your thoughts.
    – Greg

Re: Is it MY green?

I ain't no greenskeeper but I'd wait until the customers had cleared the greens before going to work on 'em.

Aren't hole locations punched before the course opens up to players?

Comment

I would expect the grounds crew members to wait off the green until the group putted out. Not sure if there is a written or unwritten rule/etiquette for the situation or not.

Comment

I thought this story was going to have a Costco ending.

Comment

It should be yours. I am baffled by the lack of consideration and training that the on course staff has. From cart girls round the corner unannounced as I am about to hit to maintenance staff doing this stuff. Marshalls of all people should know better. It takes 10 minutes to teach people this stuff.
          MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Yes sir it is your green,all staff should wait until the green is clear.

Comment

We had the first time tee at 6:04a - I guess we got there before the staff did...

It was kind of odd having him looming on over us as we were getting ready to put. I thought he was going to move the hole location on us as he walked up to the green with the hole punch tool....

Originally posted by Carlton View Post
              I ain't no greenskeeper but I'd wait until the customers had cleared the greens before going to work on 'em.

Aren't hole locations punched before the course opens up to players?

Comment

When I used to play at first light i would often encounter greens crew doing their thing. I always respected it, and frankly they always respected that I was a paying customer. I never encountered what you describe.
                Still getting the hang of this game!

In the Ogio Atlas for riding or Ogio Vaporlite for carrying:

Ping G2 with HOT PINK Grafalloy Bimatrix
                Srixon W-403 AD 5 wood
                Nike 23 degree hybrid
                Ping eye2+ irons 5-PW
                Cleveland CG14 Gunmetal 52, 56
                Bronze Ping Anser 3 with Tigershark grip

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
                  We had the first time tee at 6:04a - I guess we got there before the staff did...

It was kind of odd having him looming on over us as we were getting ready to put. I thought he was going to move the hole location on us as he walked up to the green with the hole punch tool....
                  I have found some courses routinely open up first tee before the crew has had a reasonable chance to get ahead of the golfers. I do find it annoying to pay a penalty for being first out and having to deal with grounds crew hole after hole. That said I have never had a crew come on to the green while putting. I have had to play ahead of the crew getting traps ready. Once I figure out a course does that either I come expecting it if booking first tee time or else do not play there again until later.

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post

As long as he moves it within 18" of your ball-marker, don't complain.
                    What's in the Sunmountain 4.5?

10.5 M2 with Speeder 77 Stiff 3 wood shaft
                    TM Rescue 17*
                    TM M2 4-AW
                    TM RAC 52/56 CG15 60
                    Odyssey 2 Ball with Superstroke Fatso

Comment

It should be yours other then early in the morning as you will be faster then the crew and they will never get finished. But that would likely you be catching the guys cutting the greens vs coming onto the greens.

Comment

A bit odd but wouldn't bother me. I'd just say good morning and keep playing.

Comment

I appreciate the staff keeping the course in good condition but I also expect nothing less. We pay good money to play this game and without us as paying customers they don't have a job.

Comment

I've actually had a greens guy change the hole location after we teed off and were on way to green.
                            BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
                            Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
                            There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
                              Sure, greenskeepers need to spend time on the greens (thank you for that, they're awesome this spring), but twice this week, we've had crew come on to the green as we were putting. I suppose it shouldn't bother me, but it threw off the rhythm.

The first occurance a guy wanted to change the hole location, but instead of waiting in the rough or even on the fringe, he came right up and stood several paces onto the smallish green. Almost right up with our group.

The second one at a difference course, it was the Marshall. He wanted to fix ball marks (thank you), but we would've preferred he waited for us to putt out. Distracting for sure.

So is it my green? First world problem for sure and it certainly didn't ruin my round (just that hole)... so curious to know your thoughts.
                              he should have waited on the side and given you a heads up they will pass you in the fairway and be on the next green before you.
                              As for the marshal, he might have been sending a hint.
                              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X