/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

2nd best 9 hole score ever and didn't realize it!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd best 9 hole score ever and didn't realize it!

I usually shoot between 95 and 100 due to consistency. I can hit every shot / club just never on the same day it seems. A good example was last weekend at Braeben when I had 5 pars but still shot a 96 due to a quadruple bogey, two triple bogeys and some doubles. I always have a blow up hole or two where I get an 8, 9 or even a 10.

Played Lowville this morning and on the back nine I wasn't really keeping track of my score. I was actually a bit disappointed as I had 3 birdie putts that I kept just missing for par but then when I tallied up my score I had a 40 on the back 9!! I had 4 pars and 5 bogeys. Goes to show that simply avoiding a blow up hole can still lead to a good score! Oh and a little bit of luck as I had some great bounces and sunk a couple of long putts.

Re: 2nd best 9 hole score ever and didn't realize it!

Well done ,no big numbers is key.

Comment

Great job, 4 pars and 5 bogeys is nice and consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportyluis View Post
        Goes to show that simply avoiding a blow up hole can still lead to a good score!
        Yep, that's been one of my focus areas this year. When a blow up hole starts - well, blowing up, try not to let one bad shot compound to another. Deep breaths between shots and slow down so the adreniline doesn't take over and cause these triples and quads.
        – Greg

Comment

Well done !
          Nothing wrong with taking a bogey and moving onto the next hole.
          The doubles & triples will just kill the score and remove any possibility of shooting a high 70's.

Also, if you miss-hit off the tee, forget attempting a possible next hero shot.
          I have accepted that there is no shame in playing for a safe bogey. Or maybe one's short game & a putt can save par.

~ Andy
          Last edited by ARL67; Jul 31, 2016, 06:24 AM.
          🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
          Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
          Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
          Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
          Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
          Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
          Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
          Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
            Yep, that's been one of my focus areas this year. When a blow up hole starts - well, blowing up, try not to let one bad shot compound to another. Deep breaths between shots and slow down so the adreniline doesn't take over and cause these triples and quads.
            Yes! This is something I usually struggle with and need to focus on. One bad shot tends to start the bad holes rolling. I've realized my 2-3 blow up holes are usually in a row or very close to each other.

Comment

Sounds like we are in a pretty similar place as far as our game goes. When I playing OK I'm low 90's with the occasional sub 90 round. Another thing I found is that if I can't avoid the blow up, then don't let it get in your head and lead to a string of bad holes. Sounds obvious but a high number can very easily lead to another if you let it. One of my best nines was a 43 with 10 on the 3rd hole; shook it off with par, bogey, par on the next three holes; I was really pleased with myself for not letting the blow up get into my head because, in the past, that's exactly what I would have done.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X