CNE - Worth the trip?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNE - Worth the trip?

Hey Nuts,

My wife and kids wants to go the CNE tomorrow afternoon, I haven't gone in about 15-20 years. All I remember is that it basically turned into a flea market the last time I went.

Has anything changed? Is it worth going? Anything worth while seeing? Not into the noisy midway and lousy deathtrap rides....

Probably take the training in as I HATE going into the city and parking and dealing with the traffic

thoughts....

Re: CNE - Worth the trip?

Meh....I got in for free with my Blue Rodeo tickets and glad I took advantage of that perk. I wouldn't pay to get in or make a special trip just for the CNE. Just my opinion.

Comment

Kids will like it. Fast passes are $15 and not many get them
      TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
      TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
      TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
      Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
      Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
      100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
        Hey Nuts,

My wife and kids wants to go the CNE tomorrow afternoon, I haven't gone in about 15-20 years. All I remember is that it basically turned into a flea market the last time I went.

Has anything changed? Is it worth going? Anything worth while seeing? Not into the noisy midway and lousy deathtrap rides....

Probably take the training in as I HATE going into the city and parking and dealing with the traffic

thoughts....
        An anachronism - at one time the CNE displayed futuristic cars and was the only big show in town... Expensive, crowded and not very interesting.

Comment

I'd go to the local pub instead.

Comment

Go to Wonderland!
            All the rides are safe.

Comment

Reminds me of zombie apocalypse.

Comment

When Ontario Place was relevant, it made going to the CNE more fun.

...at least they've still got the Air Show this weekend
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

My 17 year olds went this year. They had a blast. When I asked them and their friends what they like the most.........how dangerous the rides were compared to the tameness of Wonderland.

Go figure.
                  Sun Mountain C-130
                  Ping G30 Driver, G25 4 & 7 wood
                  Ping G25 27*
                  Ping i20 6 - Sw
                  Vokey SM4 58
                  Callaway Jaws 64
                  Odyssey White Hot # 7
                  NXT Tour S

You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                    When Ontario Place was relevant, it made going to the CNE more fun.

...at least they've still got the Air Show this weekend
                    Speaking of which, I work by the airport and watched many of the planes arrive yesterday and expect much of the same today. It's pretty awesome.

My problem with the CNE? Carnies built those rides.

Comment

I only go every 2-3 years. I think it's worth going about that often. I'm not much into the rides but just to walk around and see the dog/ice show and check out whatever "deals" they have.
                      Cobra Fly-Z - stock Stiff Matrix, playing at 44 inches
                      Snake Eyes Tour Viper 3 wood, 2 hybrid.
                      Maltby Ke4 Tour irons, 4,6,8,P - Integra i-drive stiff
                      Powerbilt 52 degree
                      Snake Eyes 60 degree
                      Seemore FGP

Irons and woods fitted by Dan's Custom Golf Shop

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post
                        Hey Nuts,

thoughts....
                        Get off my lawn !!!

Its for the kids really. Which is why you haven't been in 15-20 years. And i'm sure you enjoyed being taken down when you were little.

Comment

I had not gone for about 25 years. Then went just over a half-dozen years ago.

Was not what I expected. The midway/ride area was smaller. There were no or little crowds. The Pink Poodle ('DOGGIE, DOGGIE') was gone. So were the Shopsy's tent, Honeydew, free food giveaways and of course the CNE Stadium.

Instead what I found was a bunch of older, generally Canadian born people wandering around with their grandchildren, and clean washrooms.

Have gone back every year since. Have noticed that the crowds are getting larger each year and that the demographics are starting to more fully represent the demographics of the GTA.

I do highly recommend it, as a fun family experience. Even if you do not remember it as part of your childhood.

Although not sure if I would go for 'Youth Day' or on the last evening?

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X