Collapse

Annoying People

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying People

Why is it every once in a while you get paired in a group with a person that finds the need to pick up your ball and examine it even though you clearly indicate that it is yours and theirs is 50 yards back in the rough or in the fairway. I find this rather annoying , am I being over sensitive?

Re: Annoying People

Originally posted by autoease View Post
    Why is it every once in a while you get paired in a group with a person that finds the need to pick up your ball and examine it even though you clearly indicate that it is yours and theirs is 50 yards back in the rough or in the fairway. I find this rather annoying , am I being over sensitive?
    lol, yeah, that used to bug the crap outta me. I pointed out that there ball is over there, the one I'm standing next to is mine yet they pick it up to examine it. Why?!

While we're on annoying people... when playing with some slower players and the group behind is pushing. On the first chance you get, you give them the opportunity to play through but they kindly decline and then continue to hit into your group on the next hole. WTF?!

Comment

Carlton, I think the latter is bigger transgression. You gave them the opportunity to go ahead but they still nip at your heels from behind. Unless the group ahead of me is really slow I try to hide in the shade so that I don't pressure them to screw up their shots.

With regards to the OP. I am annoyed with it and if they pick it up I kindly smirk and say "See? Trust me." But hey, if they give you a better lie who's complaining? If they do it again I ask them kindly not to do it again. They should get the point by then. If not, then I make it a point to remember where the ball landed each and every time especially if they shanked it. Which actually happened once with this one guy. "No, it didn't land on the fairway... that's my ball. Remember yours went into the forest." I was dumbfounded!

My other pet peeve is other golfers hitting your ball!

Yesterday I was sliced my drive far left and as I approached the area, I saw this guy looking around for a ball and I was suspicious of the ball he was hitting. I asked him "Hey did you see another ball around here? I sliced mine around this area." Not wanting to accuse him of hitting my ball just yet. But before I could get any closer to see.

He said "Nope." and proceeded to knock his shot against a tree and the ball moved probably 5 yards. He then realized my ball was marked with my initials and long black line on it. "Oh this isn't even mine and tossed it nowhere near where the ball was initially... Luckily the ball wasn't scuffed too much from his "tree-iron".
      WITB - Shredder stand bag in "Buzz Saw Red"

Driver: Fly-Z set to 10.5°
      Fairway Wood: Fly-Z set to 14.5°
      Hybrids: Fly-Z 2-3H set to 17.5° and 3-4H set to 20.5°
      Irons: Fly-Z 5i-PW
      Wedges: tour trusty 52°/8° 56°/12° 60°/10°
      Putter: Method Core 3i

Comment

Learned this from another TGN'r....

...let them "identify" the ball, maybe they'll accidentally 'fluff' it up as they replace it! Win-Win!
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Just pretend 'the gallery' pick up your ball. You get to drop it or place it in a favorable lie.

Comment

I understand it can happen once , twice or even a few more times , but on almost every hole . That is a little excessive especially since I am on a par 5 in 2 and he was still 150 back after 3 shots. why drive up to the green to check the ball? I felt better on the next hole when his rolled out of the fairway and I kicked it into the creek from the long stuff . I am guilty of playing the wrong ball or even picking up another players ball to check it if mine was in that vicinity and there are two laying close together, however I make it a point after that to pay more attention.

Comment

If this thread is turning into the "Annoying People" thread, then I have lots, but mostly try to let things go these days....

At a private club last week, we went into the half way house at the turn (much to my dismay), and of course the group behind jumped ahead. That's to be expected, but we had to then wait a bit to tee off on #10. The group now behind us comes right up onto the tee deck (my tee deck) and says "hey, where did you guys come from?". Fair enough question, but once he got the answer, he should've backed off. Meaning, GTF off my tee block!!! My playing partners can be on the tee block, but certainly no one else. I have enough trouble with my game that I don't need an audience.
              – Greg

Comment

Simple solution, don't play with people you don't know. Works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Coleslaw View Post
                  Good Luck with that!
                  Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Coleslaw View Post
                    I don't think you are being over sensitive. My BIL did it to me this morning. Two balls sitting side by side, neither of which were his, which was up the fairway in plain sight. The two players who's balls were side by side knew which one was who's, yet the BIL tool it upon himself to check both, when he had no idea what we were playing and neither of us were in need of, nor had asked for, assistance in identifying either ball.

It really annoyed me....especially since he does it allllll the time.

I could go on about the numerous incidences. The worst was once when we were looking for my ball which had bounced into the edge of the rough. He was ahead of me and as we rounded a corner, I said to him "I should be just up here". He spots a ball, just where I thought it would be....looks at it...picks it up....and puts it in his pocket WTF

So playing with someone you don't know does not necessarily avoid the issue.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Haha, what's annoying are golfers who don't know what ball they're playing. They hit into the rough or bushes and you go help them look...

Me - "Hey, what ball are you playing?"
                      Golfer - "Dunno but it has a few scuffs on it."
                      Me - "Uhhh, yeah, you better take a drop, I think it's lost."

Oy! If you're not going to take 1/2 sec to know what ball you're teeing up, I certainly don't have 5mins to be looking for a "maybe that's it" ball.

Comment

I find they usually say they are playing the one that you found even though they haven't got a clue as to what they were playing. My point is I don't appreciate it when someone continually does it . 99.9% of people that I golf with including people that I do not know are good and I would gladly join them again it's the odd moron that ruins a round . Unfortunately we can't choose who they pair us up with unless we book as a foursome.

Comment

I will admit I have never seen this happen. Every person I have golfed with, and that includes me going on as a single and getting paired up a lot, has always done what I do, which is look at the ball from as many angles as is needed to identify it. Possibly in very rare instances can you not pick out enough of the Nike, Callaway, Titleist or whatever logo to identify without touching the ball. I will give it could happen but who just goes and picks the ball up to inspect? Simply look at it where it lies should be good enough in 99% of the cases.

Comment

Hi Fore Warned; I smiled at your story. I think we all realize that most brothers-in-law are annoying.

Comment

I find they usually say they are playing the one that you found even though they haven't got a clue as to what they were playing. My point is I don't appreciate it when someone continually does it . 99.9% of people that I golf with including people that I do not know are good and I would gladly join them again it's the odd moron that ruins a round . Unfortunately we can't choose who they pair us up with unless we book as a foursome.
                              If I come across this...I ask if they were playing a Taylor made. ..they say yeah I was....oh well this is a Titleist. ..it's mine
                              MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X