• Show
Clear All

Re: GT Milton - circling the drain

Can't wait for the 2017's....
    Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
      They have been used every year in Hamilton since 2003. They have nothing to do with the transition.
      Yep, WIS Western Inventory Services, stores typically take inventory once or twice a year.
      Ping G410 Plus
      Ping G410 3W
      Ping G400 7W or 3H
      Ping G400 4H
      Ping G400 5 - UW
      Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
      Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
      Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
      Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

I was in scarborough GT last week and noticed ALL putters were 15% off (even Scotty Cameron - which was pretty sparse and the ones left were beat up)
        Is this the same at all locations? I suspect this was a sign this location was closing

Comment

That was a chain/website wide promo.

Comment

Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
            I can't say I visit GTs regularly enough nor do I have a great memory but I don't recall see such stickers in a GT before. Certainly in retail outlets on the way out. So perhaps just a part of the imminent transition process.
            Standard annual Inventory practice. Stores are always quiet when his time of year.

Comment

Placed an on-line order for pair of golf shoes back on September 4th when GT had the one-day flash sale. At time order was placed said delivery would be 1-2 weeks, shipping directly from manufacturer (FJ). Fast forward now 3+ weeks, still haven't shipped. Called GT the other day, chap was very honest and said waiting for plan to get approved and until then FJ not extending anymore credit so nothing is moving. My guess is this is a big reason shelves are getting lean. Until restructuring plan is approved, no one will extend credit. Hopefully will have something finalized soon, waiting game is tough on employees, suppliers and clientele.
              - Vessel Cart Bag
              - Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver
              - Callaway UW 17° & 21°
              - Callaway Apex TCB irons (5-AW)
              - Callaway Full Toe 54 & 58 wedges
              - Toulon Chicago putter

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3864 View Post
                Placed an on-line order for pair of golf shoes back on September 4th when GT had the one-day flash sale. At time order was placed said delivery would be 1-2 weeks, shipping directly from manufacturer (FJ). Fast forward now 3+ weeks, still haven't shipped. Called GT the other day, chap was very honest and said waiting for plan to get approved and until then FJ not extending anymore credit so nothing is moving. My guess is this is a big reason shelves are getting lean. Until restructuring plan is approved, no one will extend credit. Hopefully will have something finalized soon, waiting game is tough on employees, suppliers and clientele.
                I am waiting for 2 pairs as well !
                Have a feeling I wont ever see these !

Comment

Demo sale is set for the first week of November so I guess it will be business as usual. Well sort of.
                  Pxg Gen 4. Project X hzrdus

Srixon 3 Hybrid

Srixon 4 Hybrid

Mizuno Mp H4 4-PW

Mizuno S18 Gap Wedge 51

Mizuno S 22 56 wedge

Odyssey Ten Tour Lined Broomstick

Comment

Went to Burlington location yesterday to use up remaining gift cards and pick up some balls and gloves. Couldn't believe how much less inventory there was versus normal. The ball inventory had to be down 90%.
                    When I was checking out I said to the young lady at the cash "Wow it's crazy how much less inventory there is here with all that's going on."
                    Her reply "Yes we just sold a lot and didn't replace it so we don't have to count it during our annual inventory."
                    Me "Gotcha"

Comment

Was in Whitby today .Store looked half empty.Couldn't even find a glove in my size. Ball stock pretty much non existent as well

Comment

Originally posted by steveooo View Post
                        Was in Whitby today .Store looked half empty.Couldn't even find a glove in my size. Ball stock pretty much non existent as well
                        thanks brother,saved me a trip

Comment

I was in GT London today and asked about the demo sale. They said it's been canceled this year because of the new transition. Seems strange but I guess they don't have enough inventory to sell.

Comment

Stopped by GT Milton the other night and it was all closed up, lights out. And immediately thought of this thread... Turns out, they close at 6pm. Yeah, 6pm. Weird for a retailer to close at 6 every day. Then again, in a commuter town like Milton, they probably should't be open during the week anyway.

On that same thought, the wife and I went to Canadian Appliances in Heartland Mississauga on Saturday. They're not even open on Saturdays!. Sundays, yes, but not Saturday. How weird is that? You'd think retailers would use every waking hour to be open given the current climate.
                            – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
                              On that same thought, the wife and I went to Canadian Appliances in Heartland Mississauga on Saturday. They're not even open on Saturdays!. Sundays, yes, but not Saturday. How weird is that? You'd think retailers would use every waking hour to be open given the current climate.
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but that may be a cultural thing.
                              M1 8.5* Aldila Rouge
                              Titleist 915 15* Speeder 757
                              M1 18* Speeder 757
                              Titleist AP2
                              Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58
                              Newport 2
                              PROV1X

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
                                Stopped by GT Milton the other night and it was all closed up, lights out. And immediately thought of this thread... Turns out, they close at 6pm. Yeah, 6pm. Weird for a retailer to close at 6 every day. Then again, in a commuter town like Milton, they probably should't be open during the week anyway.

Wow, when did that start? All Golftown locations pretty much keep the same hours, which is open until 8pm during the week, (I think). I hope we don't lose this location. While I don't shop GT that much anymore, they have some good staff and it's convenient for me.
                                Bridgestone J715 10.5
                                Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5
                                Adams Super LS 17d.
                                Mizuno JPX-850 forged 4-PW
                                Scratch 8620 53d.
                                Callaway X-forged 58d.
                                Odyssey White Hot Tour #2
                                Srixon Q-star tour

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse