The OFFICIAL 2017 Ryder Cup Thread

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The OFFICIAL 2017 Ryder Cup Thread

Originally posted by jburns View Post
    As soon as I saw you guys had a SIGN I knew #%@ was serious!
    We can thank Mule56 for that...it was a great banner
    BIG MOY GOLF...POWERED BY SNICKERS
    Member Century Club...Osprey Valley May 20, 2010...108 holes
    There is no next year...signed Leaf fan

Comment

Well after a long drive home to reflect, here are a few thoughts on my end....

First off, thanks to all of the participants from both sides. Without your continued support, this event doesn't exist. Time away from our families is difficult at the best of times, and as a co-organizer I sincerely appreciate everyone's effort and support.

Secondly, a big thanks to Trillium woods for playing host, and to Bob for all of his behind the scenes stuff that he so graciously donates his time to, not the least of which is the amazing banner that he has provided to the event. You are a super dude and a great friend. I personally appreciate your effort in a huge way, as do all of the participants I'm certain.

Next, thanks to my partner Brian; and to our opponents Kris and Pat. We laughed a lot and had a great time in the face of a collosal a$$ whopping.... but I'm pretty sure we would have had a great time regardless of the outcome.

Lastly, to my boy Goo. Another year gone, and way too soon. I look forward to any time we get to hang these days and I wish it was more often. Getting to organize this event with you makes all the bs worthwhile. There were a few kinks this year, but I feel like we did right by the event, even if we both played to less than our expectations.

Well done Ottawa. No doubt we will be looking for a bit of revenge next year, so prepare accordingly, lol.

A la prochaine mes amis!

D
      MEMBER OF THE 07-09 and 11-16 RYDER CUP

Dans mon sac...
      M2 9.5 w/ Attas 3 8X
      Aeroburner TP 15*w/GD BB
      Aeroburner TP 21HL w/Black Tie 8
      Adams "Murdered" MB2's w/KBS tour black 5-GW
      MD3 Satin 56-60
      Odyssey #7CH "Lucky 777"

Member Club de Golf Cap-Rouge

Comment

Calisse

This is the story of hurricane
        MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Albatross View Post
          Calisse

This is the story of hurricane

Diarrhea.

Liberty cabbage.
          MEMBER OF THE 07-09 and 11-16 RYDER CUP

Dans mon sac...
          M2 9.5 w/ Attas 3 8X
          Aeroburner TP 15*w/GD BB
          Aeroburner TP 21HL w/Black Tie 8
          Adams "Murdered" MB2's w/KBS tour black 5-GW
          MD3 Satin 56-60
          Odyssey #7CH "Lucky 777"

Member Club de Golf Cap-Rouge

Comment

Again , thanks to all involved in putting this together , I really appreciate the effort having been more involved in previous years , Gerry , Dave , Rich and Scott put together another great Ryder cup.
            I've said it before , it's one of the highlights of the golf year for me , and for a lot of other guys on our team too .
            Thanks to Bob and Mike for the great games on Saturday, they were a blast .
            And to Bob for the great banner and the time and effort in making it.
            And to my oldest and bestest foe/friend Gerry , I'll be seeing you in singles next year again.
            Despite the result , the TO boys fought hard and fair and we know you'll bring it again next time.
            And of course to my bud Scotty , the only person I know who can get lost in a bathroom ....
            Big shout out too to the Sponsors , Flagstick & Levelwear , thanks for the swag !
            And Trillium Wood golf course , I'll never get tired playing this course
            Till the next time .... have a great season fellas
            Cobra Rad speed driver
            TM sim 3wood
            Callaway Xhot tour 5 wood
            Titleist 818 4 hybrid
            Ping i500s 5-pw w/recoil stiff
            Cleveland cg3 50,54 & 58
            Sub zero putter
            Powered by craft beer & sarcasm

Comment

Thanks Gerry and Dave for all your hard work in putting together another great event, congrats to the Ottawa boys for a great time again and on your win, thanks to my buddy and playing partner Joey for another great time playing together, also to Ron and Jeff for making our matches fun and a pleasure to play against you gentlemen.

First time in a few years that I was able to come and play and actually be free of a bad back , it was a lot of fun guys and hope to see everyone next year, have a great summer and play well,,
              Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
              Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
              Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
              Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
              Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
              Pro V1x Left Dash
              Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
              Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Comment

A big thanks to the captains on both sides and those in the shadows who worked tirelessly to organize this event. Having done so myself for several years, I know first hand how challenging it can be at the best of times. You all did a fantastic job, had a great time coming back after having been away for 4/5 years but it was all worth it. Was great to see some old, friendly faces and to catch up with those we don't get to see all that often these days.

Hope to come back next year, until then I hope everyone has a great balance of the season...play well !

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
                  I would like to extend my thanks, as well, to the organizers and team captains. I know it's a lot of work. Your efforts are appreciated by all of the players. And thanks, Bob, for getting us reservations at our favourite Belleville Italian restaurant. I was a lovely place to dine on Saturday evening.

Charles and Scott, Dean and I want you to know how very much we enjoyed playing against you for 36 holes on Saturday. Given how close the matches were it would have been fitting if both matches had been tied. On the other hand, winning wasn't too shabby either.

Scott, today's 18 hole match between us today was a good battle, even if we didn't play as well as we can. Thanks for the earlier tip about ball position with my wedges. Also, thanks for providing me 2 days during which I was able to watch you chip. I think I learned something!
                  Invoice is en-route to your home, check the mailbox in the next 3/4 days and I expect payment no greater than the 60 day term agreed upon.

Mike, as always our matches are filled with laughter, great golf, a few hiccups and memories to reflect on. I was cursing that bloody GPS unit after #9...not a chance I could fly that 4 hybrid that far. Good thing we checked on your approach also, 80 yards sure didn't look like 145. I've also NEVER had what happened to me on #10 in my entire playing time, but it's definitely something to remember and take even more caution going forward when taking a practice stroke in deep rough. I secretly snuck back after everyone left and completely MOWED that crap down so it never grows again.

And never, ever, EVER again do I want to hear you apologize for the incredible chip you made on 18 to take the match 1 up. Not only do I enjoy losing to a good friend and solid competitor, but I equally appreciate it when a chip is as well executed as yours was and it was for a birdie to boot! Those cheers from me were genuine and you should talk about that chip every time we play, it was a treat to watch. I just hope that when I get up there in age, that I'm still striking the ball and navigating my way around the golf course well as you do. I think anyone on both TGN and OGF who've played against you would echo the same sentiment.

Now get that rest we spoke of as I'll be doing the same...we shall rumble on the links in a months time and one of us will get some revenge, mwuhahahaha!

Comment

Just because...
                    Attached Files
                    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X