Collapse

Used Clubs and Equipment at ridiculous prices

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Clubs and Equipment at ridiculous prices

I just have to get this off my chest. Because work is slow for me right now, I have been looking at used golf equipment on a variety of different sites, forums, and stores for the last month or so. I am dumbfounded with the money people are asking for used stuff?? If I am selling used, it is because I no longer have a need for it and do not have somebody close to me who would benefit from the hand me down. I am seeing people post "pulled" used iron shafts for close to retail prices!? And clubs and sets for close to used retail? Are we not, as a golfing community or group, WANTING to hand down these items to somebody else who will enjoy them? Are we not trying to get a few more bucks in our pockets to make new purchases, are we really making any profit at all selling used golf clubs and equipment? I understand the "close to new" stuff the retailers are selling, however I do not understand, AT ALL, the golfing community, the weekend warriors, who are trying to get crazy money for their stuff. LET YOUR STUFF GO! There are thousands and thousands of used clubs and equipment for sale, and they will not sell. I am not sure these people understand the competition complex? I have been wanting to reply to some of these sellers, but held back lol. So I decided to vent with the nuts.
    M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
    M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
    Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
    Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
    TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Re: Used Clubs and Equipment at ridiculous prices

People are cheap. Most are probably expecting a haggle or two for it

Comment

If something you want is priced too high in your opinion, just wait until they lower the price. However, don't cry if someone pays the asking price and buys it ahead of you.

Used golf equipment is the same as anything else. It's worth however much someone is willing to pay for it.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
      TM SLDR 10.5*
      TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
      TM Rescue 22*
      4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
      Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
      Ping Ketch
      Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

So people should sell items below market value, to appease your wants and needs?

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by racmbs View Post
          So people should sell items below market value, to appease your wants and needs?

Wow just wow
          Cmon man after 3 bumps your gear is way over priced
          End of story

Comment

Sure it does. I think you should sell me your house for $100,000 because it's used.

Shall we get davepratt to draw up the papers?

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
            TM SLDR 10.5*
            TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
            TM Rescue 22*
            4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
            Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
            Ping Ketch
            Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

If I have a set of irons, and Im already made of money. Why would I try to haggle with somebody. Put a selling price on your irons. You could spend more time not trying to sell. Pretty much see it in the Liquidation market? You want to sit on your PSI's for $700, or you want to get rid of for $400? I understand market value and Im really not looking to change if you see my set up. Sorry to offend
              M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
              M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
              Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
              Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
              TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

I was really just looking into the iron shafts....
                M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
                M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
                Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
                Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
                TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

truth is the market value of quality 1- 2-3 year old used equipment just went up.
                  The new equipment prices made sure of that.
                  things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by Hope469 View Post
                    If I have a set of irons, and Im already made of money. Why would I try to haggle with somebody. Put a selling price on your irons. You could spend more time not trying to sell. Pretty much see it in the Liquidation market? You want to sit on your PSI's for $700, or you want to get rid of for $400? I understand market value and Im really not looking to change if you see my set up. Sorry to offend
                    You've obviously never worked a day in your life in sales...if you did, you must have gone hungry many times.

Comment

Originally posted by grasbunkers View Post
                      Wow just wow
                      Cmon man after 3 bumps your gear is way over priced
                      End of story
                      It's 4 bumps usually.

Comment

You've obviously never worked a day in your life in sales...if you did, you must have gone hungry many times.
                        Yah, Im not great with numbers to be honest.. but i know when it comes to golf stuff, if its not sold quickly, where is the money flow? New stuff every few months to market and change minds..
                        M1 430 9.5 Speeder 661 X
                        M1 3 H/L Speeder 757 X
                        Mizuno MP-4 3-PW
                        Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
                        TA Tru-Milled 303SS

Comment

If I have a set of irons, and I'm already made of money. Why would I try to haggle with somebody. Put a selling price on your irons. You could spend more time not trying to sell. Pretty much see it in the Liquidation market? You want to sit on your PSI's for $700, or you want to get rid of for $400? I understand market value and Im really not looking to change if you see my set up. Sorry to offend
                          No offense, but everybody works for their money,so it's the bargain hunters that have to decide what they can bear.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I just have to get this off my chest. Because work is slow for me right now, I have been looking at used golf equipment on a variety of different sites, forums, and stores for the last month or so. I am dumbfounded with the money people are asking for used stuff?? If I am selling used, it is because I no longer have a need for it and do not have somebody close to me who would benefit from the hand me down. I am seeing people post "pulled" used iron shafts for close to retail prices!? And clubs and sets for close to used retail? Are we not, as a golfing community or group, WANTING to hand down these items to somebody else who will enjoy them? Are we not trying to get a few more bucks in our pockets to make new purchases, are we really making any profit at all selling used golf clubs and equipment? I understand the "close to new" stuff the retailers are selling, however I do not understand, AT ALL, the golfing community, the weekend warriors, who are trying to get crazy money for their stuff. LET YOUR STUFF GO! There are thousands and thousands of used clubs and equipment for sale, and they will not sell. I am not sure these people understand the competition complex? I have been wanting to reply to some of these sellers, but held back lol. So I decided to vent with the nuts.
                            In short, no. Life is a free market, people are free to charge & pay what they deem fair. If you want to be a charity, that's fine - it's unfair and unreasonable to expect everyone to fall in line with this thinking.

Comment

Kinda funny thread...

But I have a question. ... why do you care what people are asking for their products? There's "an abundance" of supply on the market, just shop where you find something that fits in you desired price.

If buddy paid 1200 for a set of new irons and decides he wants to sell them, he determines what he's comfortable letting them go for....

Kinda like groceries i.e... 12cans of pop for 4.99 at sobeys this week while, 24 cans of pop on sale at superstore for 6.48 this week ...WHAT'S sobeys thinking geeeeez. J

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X