Collapse

Golf Clubs Stolen by passenger at Pearson

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf Clubs Stolen by passenger at Pearson

Interesting that for NCE the police did get involved.

Clubs stolen the 15th and found on Kijiji January 2.

Easy find using watch and then specifying female and above say $700.

Comment

Just an FYI from a law enforcement perspective those GPS trackers and things like find my iPhone etc are both "useless" and "useful"

On their own they are useless. Police can't use them to magically enter the suspects home. Also the area of accuracy isn't always the best. Even if it was 10m. Police can't just arbitrarily search all people in a 10m radius (if say for example the cell phone)

But say for example golf clubs. Well those gonna stick out like a sore thumb. But if they track to a building or house it does not give them judicial authorization to enter. This is where they're both useless and useful.

They can be used to help an investigation but it's not as simple as the public think. So don't blame the police blame the charter and our laws

Comment

Thanks for the useful reply. It's a minor point, but I wouldn't have used the expression "blame the charter and our laws." Our laws, including the Charter, require that certain conditions be satisfied before agents of the state can intrude into certain aspects of our lives. They are the only things that protect each of us from the overreach of the state.

Originally posted by Jasonp View Post

They can be used to help an investigation but it's not as simple as the public think. So don't blame the police blame the charter and our laws
        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Originally posted by mpare View Post
          Thanks for the useful reply. It's a minor point, but I wouldn't have used the expression "blame the charter and our laws." Our laws, including the Charter, require that certain conditions be satisfied before agents of the state can intrude into certain aspects of our lives. They are the only things that protect each of us from the overreach of the state.
          I can nazi your point.

But how do we get to blaming charters, laws or police. Blame the lazy greedy twat that decided to take someone elses stuff as well the lazy airlines for not keeping track of our belongings when they are in their care.
          I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Don't disagree but more often then not the finger gets instantly pointed at the men and women in blue. Calling them names etc (lazy, incompetent etc)

Call it semantics but they can only enforce the laws they don't write them. And with today's political climate when someone tries to do the right thing sometimes they get in trouble for it.

Comment

Originally posted by neova View Post
              just read this on CBC

Sydney Lia had planned to work on her golf swing with her coach after taking a flight home to Timmins, Ont., for the holidays, but her $5,000 custom clubs never made it to baggage claim, and then the police got involved.

I always rush to the oversize luggage pickup because I know it's easy for anybody to take them.

it hasn't happened to me yet but I've started to assemble a set of oldies but goodies that I will use for travel from now on
              I heard about this too. What a loser......puts them on Kijiji. Now he has a permanent record.....totally worth it eh? Idiot.
              WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
              Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
              Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
              Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
              Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
              Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
              Heavy Putter A1 33"
              " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

You'd think they would have a a camera at the overized luggage pickup area in case of theft.

I travel with 2 sets of skis ( usually current models ) and my double-ski bag is also loaded with 2 ski jackets & 2 ski bibs & and whatever else I can jam in there and keep it under 50 lbs. My head would explode if someone stole that bag at the airport.
                🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
                Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
                Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
                Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
                Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
                Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
                Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
                Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
                  You'd think they would have a a camera at the overized luggage pickup area in case of theft.

I travel with 2 sets of skis ( usually current models ) and my double-ski bag is also loaded with 2 ski jackets & 2 ski bibs & and whatever else I can jam in there and keep it under 50 lbs. My head would explode if someone stole that bag at the airport.
                  Honestly I'm amazed they don't have a person doing random checks comparing bags and equipment picked up to baggage claim checks.

Comment

Thieves are brazen.

It's a pain to go through but also why we have insurance .
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

not a world traveler here but I don't understand how someone can pick luggage off the carousel and not be checked as the rightful owner before exiting the room.
                      We have always heard about inside jobs, but this is beyond stupid given the hardship it places on the victims.
                      things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                        not a world traveler here but I don't understand how someone can pick luggage off the carousel and not be checked as the rightful owner before exiting the room.
                        We have always heard about inside jobs, but this is beyond stupid given the hardship it places on the victims.
                        With domestic travel there are almost no controls. Anyone coming off of any flight can pick up your bags. Some domestic baggage areas are virtually open to the public, Calgary comes to mind.

International, you have to clear customs so there is some(very limited) control.

Third world airport controls are virtually non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                          With domestic travel there are almost no controls. Anyone coming off of any flight can pick up your bags. Some domestic baggage areas are virtually open to the public, Calgary comes to mind.

International, you have to clear customs so there is some(very limited) control.

Third world airport controls are virtually non existent.
                          YVR is completely open to the public. No doors or anything separating luggage carousels and anyone off the street. YYZ is actually better since luggage pickup area is separated by doors and only passengers arriving on a flight are supposed to be able to access the area.
                          Home
                          Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5*
                          TaylorMade Rescue 11 TP 21*
                          Ping G425 5-U
                          Titleist SM6 58*
                          Ping 2021 Anser 2

Away
                          TaylorMade R9 SuperTri 10.5*
                          TaylorMade R9 5 wood
                          Ping G25 5-W
                          Titleist SM2 52*, 56*, 60*
                          Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 360g

Comment

Our laws, including the Charter, require that certain conditions be satisfied before agents of the state can intrude into certain aspects of our lives. They are the only things that protect each of us from the overreach of the state.
                            True enough, but not only 'the state'.
                            Remember the thread not long ago where somebody suspected another guy of stealing a club and wanted to search the guy's bag?

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                              At least Pearson only allows travelers in their baggage check areas, In Phoenix anyone can walk in from the outside and grab a bag off the carousel. Year before last saw a woman chasing after a man that was walking away with her bag. He said oh, looks like just like my wife's bag.

I hate checking baggage and always try to avoid doing so. Will need to check a golf bag in April for a short trip to Georgia, will only pack back up gear.
                              My wife got me one of these for Christmas 2 years ago:

Although it's excellent, problem is the price is so reasonably close to a soft cover, I see quite a few around...

Sure enough, last year coming back to Pearson from Orlando, some dufus grabs mine (I saw his in the corner of the 'large item' room), with clear identifiers on it, and starts walking away - I'm so frickkin OCD about my clubs, I almost literally tackled him and said "What the F do you think your doing??"...

He looks at me incredulously, "Oh, sorry man, looks like mine" - The dumb @ss did not pay any attention and I had no doubt he would have got home and went, "Better than mine!" (Hopefully he was a lefty douchy hockey nut LOL) and I likely would not have seen them again...

Seriously, that was the 3rd time this has happened to me (First 2 with normal luggage) - People really are stupid sad to say.

I'm so paranoid now, it's just such a stresser I'm SO tempted to FedX or ShipSticks, but I've heard just as many horror stories about using these methods.

- Ian
                              TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                              TM BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S)

TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                              TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                              TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                              TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                              * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                              TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                              TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                              TM TP5 Golf Ball
                              Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                              SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                              Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X