/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Whats your guess on the average # of hits . . .

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your guess on the average # of hits . . .

. . . a found ball has had.
    Think about it. Guy buys a sleeve for his round... 5 percent of players? will almost never lose a golf ball. 20% will lose maybe 1 ball a round.
    these guys buy probably 1% of all the golf balls.
    The other 25%, at the bottom, buy 75% of the balls. Go through 6+ a round.

Now to the economics.
    Almost certainly a like new Pro V1 you find has been hit ... maybe.... 5-8 times.

And you can typically buy it for 20% of retail.

why buy new balls?
    (just starting a conversation)
    Last edited by golfpop; Apr 20, 2017, 04:53 PM. Reason: want to repost elsewhere...

Re: Whats your guess on the average # of hits . . .

The places I play you don't find alot of titelists

Comment

Originally posted by golfpop View Post
      . . . a found ball has had.
      Think about it. Guy buys a sleeve for his round... 5 percent of players? will almost never lose a golf ball. 20% will lose maybe 1 ball a round.
      these guys buy probably 1% of all the golf balls.
      The other 25%, at the bottom, buy 75% of the balls. Go through 6+ a round.

Now to the economics.
      Almost certainly a like new Pro V1 you find has been hit ... maybe.... 5-8 times.

why buy new balls?
      It not the umber of hits I'm worried about, its the conditions the ball has been in while waiting for me to find it.

Water logged/weather damaged etc, no thank you, those go in the bag and get donated to the kid brother. One hit wonder tour balls, those stay with me.
      TM M1 Tour AD-DI 6S
      TM SLDR 3 wood accra tour z
      Srixon U65 18* Matrix White Tie
      Srixon U45 22* Matrix White Tie
      Apex Pro Combo 5-P UST Recoil 110
      Vokey SM4 50/54/58
      Odyssey Toe-Up #1
      Ball: Round & White Preferably

Home Club; Station Creek

Comment

1 to 300 hits.
        Now who should and why buy new balls. imo no reason to buy any balls if you lose more than 20 a round. Just play the right courses and find what you need as you look for the ball you lost. I started that way and have boxes of balls. I moved up to sorting and playing like balls (still found) to first gain some consistency in my hits and second to find out which balls are good for me or more obviously which balls are NOT for me. Yeah Mojo I am looking at you. If you can go through most rounds loosing only 1-2 sleeves you should buy the balls that work for you from a good used guy like seetrout699. If you know your ball or balls and can use the same balls for usually the whole round buy new and enjoy. Probably retire the ball after the round or just wait for a scuff.
        I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

the cover on a prov1 will start to bubble after roughly 90 days in water. this is what I was told by a "professional" ball re-seller. not sure if I buy it, but I only buy new balls

Comment

If you find it on the first hole it's probably a one hit goner lol

Comment

I don't think anyone knows for certain the lifespan of the new multi-layer synthetic balls we play today. They are almost impossible to deform or cut. Scuffs are the main reason they are pulled out of play.
              I doubt they are susceptible to prolonged immersion.

By way of comparison the '70 Balata, with their wound rubber band core, wouldn't last through a hole.
              things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by golfpop View Post
                Now to the economics.

why buy new balls?
                why buy new Pro V1's?
                The golfer who loses one after hitting it 5-8 times don't need this expensive of a golf ball.
                Adams XTD Ti 12.5* / TightLies 2 Ti / Super 9031 Tour / Ping WRX i20 Irons
                Ping WRX Tour Gorge / YES Natalie Putter B-CG / Leupold GX-4 Rangefinder
                Personal Best: 79, hoping for another sub 80 round before the Twilight Zone

Comment

Seetrout on this board sells used balls at great prices. Great guy to deal with too. Highly recommend him.

Comment

I found a dozen like new tour preferred yesterday.. if they were all from the same guy, guess they were lasting a hole and a half
                    TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                    TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                    TM M2 tour 4-9 Accra ICWT 95
                    Callaway X-Forged 48, 52, 58, 64 Pro Modus3 105
                    Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                    100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

depends what hole you find them on. I love finding like new balls on the first couple holes. Especially on the first hole of Toot down the left side....lots of prov's in those trees
                      MEMBER OF THE 2008/2011/2014/2016TGN/OGF RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X