Collapse

Events

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events

Well since so many people seem to be leaving who's going to be oranizing any TGN events come the spring time. I'm sure someone will say too early to think about this but the only people I saw paying that much attention to these events are the ones that have been banned or have moved on.

They won't be back anytime soon and the Bond head event last year must of taken so much planning and time that I hope somebody will step forward in the near future. Were these events spear headed by the people I'm referring to and I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about. I'm sure there will some great events created by the members of the other sites but just wondering if anything will go on here.
    I'm sure it really won't matter to most people here because I've counted dozens and dozens of people on other sites that used to be here that will get the benifit of some great events that will be organize by the ones that have lefted and or been banned. Do the Owners and Mods have an idea on just how many people have been turned off in the last # of weeks and did leave, it's a real shame that it's just not a real fun site here at this time, all the people that have been leaving and there is so many that contributed a sense of family and lead the way in many informative and interesting topics.

We all want to point fingers at these people for being thin skinned and we all know this is just a internet talk forum where we shouldn't let it become part of us, but III tell you something, these people and everyone that is following, "again I must say the #s are staggering in whos taking there informative and there sense of humour somewhere else" are the ones that have made this site enjoyable and gave it that personal touch with so many friendships formed because of what they have contributed.

I think it's just sad that we lost so many good people over some real lack of participation by this sites owners and Mods, We'll I'm sure people will throw there stones at these comments but some people say to keep your personal feelings out of this but just look back and count the # of friends you made just because of the events this people started and participated in. Sorry but these are just some of my personal thoughts that aren't meant to cause any sh........t here but this was a great site to log on to a year ago but it's has somewhat lost something interesting.
    Last edited by hannah; Nov 24, 2007, 11:45 AM.
    Thomas4golf

Ping G425 Max/Tensei AV Orange
    Callaway XR Hybrids, 4, 5, 6 Accra I-Series
    Miura TC-201 / 6 - PW N.S. Pro 950 GH
    Callaway Jaws Raw /50* 54* 58* N.S. Modus
    Ferrules by Bbandfco

Putter / Ping Prime Tyne 4
    Pro V1x Left Dash
    Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Vessel Player 111 Stand Bag / Black
    Stewart X9

Member: Coppinwood Golf Club

Re: Events

What is the point of this post? Not to be disrespectful but if the site is so bad, why not just post somewhere else??

Comment

Originally posted by MP33
      What is the point of this post? Not to be disrespectful but if the site is so bad, why not just post somewhere else??
      \

Sorry if thats all you got out of it, I was saying it's to bad so many people have left, so much for someone expressing some feelings.
      Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
      Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

Don't the owners of the site usually run the events? Or does someone else do it? I'm pretty new here but It seems logical that any events would be held by the ownership or someone appointed to do so. Do the golfnuts run lots of tournaments? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire
          Don't the owners of the site usually run the events? Or does someone else do it? I'm pretty new here but It seems logical that any events would be held by the ownership or someone appointed to do so. Do the golfnuts run lots of tournaments? Inquiring minds want to know.
          Like Hannah, I joined early this year and had participated in quite a few golf events. It was a good time for me as I had just left a private club after 20+ years and nneded to make new golfing partners. All the events were fun in nature and like Hannah said, the organisers were the people who have "left" or were "banned"

"What is the point of this post? Not to be disrespectful but if the site is so bad, why not just post somewhere else??"
          It is attitude like this that make a simple thread started by someone who cares about this site degenerate into personal attacks.

Comment

Just because the people are not here, they can still stay connected with respect to events and other gathering.

This is similar to those people leaving a company for greener pasture. They have a tendency to get all sentimental and this typically ends with some sort of company-wide email 'It's been great working with y'all...blah blah blah...the freindship I made....blah blah blah....I will miss you...' on and on...Then I will have people walk into my office lamenting the lost of friends who quit the company. To which my response will always be 'if they are your friends, they should stay to be your friends no matter where they work. And you lose the friendship because you don't work together anymore, perhaps you guys shouldn't friends to begin with'.

I know this is overly simpligying things, but I think if there's a will, there's a way for the people you got along with to stay connected.

For starter, how about through Facebook with the group of 'Current and banned TGNers who still want to play golf together and shoot the crap'?

Now lemme start a thread to complain about xMas shopping....

Comment

Originally posted by trunckslammer1
              Like Hannah, I joined early this year and had participated in quite a few golf events. It was a good time for me as I had just left a private club after 20+ years and nneded to make new golfing partners. All the events were fun in nature and like Hannah said, the organisers were the people who have "left" or were "banned"

It is attitude like this that make a simple thread started by someone who cares about this site degenerate into personal attacks.

Thanks Alfred, and that is just what I was trying to say, because I care and sad to see so many people leaving, I'm in constant connection with them as I have developed some great friendships and look forward to many a golf outing with them in 2008. Thanks alfred. Tom.
              Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
              Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

bellyhungry is correct we can all stay in touch one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by trunckslammer1

I'll leave the room now while you gents have a big hug! Cheers!

Comment

Its his opinion, and thats what the site is for.....like it or not....

and dont drive anyone else away from the site....there will be no one left to buy my clubs

Originally posted by MP33

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire
                      The owners of the site only run one tournament a year, to my knowledge - I've only been here a little over a year.

As for the tournaments, the person to whom Tom is referring will still be running many tournaments next year (probably more than he did this year) and for years to come, I'm sure, but I'm pretty sure he won't be doing it through TGN.

Also, as stated, there is no need for any friendships to be lost. If they are true friendships, which I know the ones I have made are, then they will survive. There will be plenty of non-TGN golf events/tournaments for everyone that wishes to participate in to do so.

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                      TM SLDR 10.5*
                      TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                      TM Rescue 22*
                      4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                      Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                      Ping Ketch
                      Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30
                        The owners of the site only run one tournament a year, to my knowledge - I've only been here a little over a year.

As for the tournaments, the person to whom Tom is referring will still be running many tournaments next year (probably more than he did this year) and for years to come, I'm sure, but I'm pretty sure he won't be doing it through TGN.

Also, as stated, there is no need for any friendships to be lost. If they are true friendships, which I know the ones I have made are, then they will survive. There will be plenty of non-TGN golf events/tournaments for everyone that wishes to participate in to do so.
                        And III be looking forward to everyone of them.
                        Thomas4golf

Ferrules by Bbandfco

Pro V1x Left Dash
                        Leupold GX - 5C R.F.

Stewart X9

Comment

We will still have a TGN tournament next year.

As for other members hosting tournaments, they certainly have a right to do so and I sincerely wish them all the best. We only supported them through spirit and allowed them to use the TGN name in the past, I do not see how these members not being here will change anything for them or us.

Our members who are interested in tournaments will find tournaments to join. These members who enjoy organizing tournaments will continue to do so. The world will keep on turning. Everyone will be happy at the end.
                          Webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by VBall
                            We will still have a TGN tournament next year.
                            When and where will it be VBall?

WIT SM C130 Cart Bag:
                            TM SLDR 10.5*
                            TM SLDR 3W & TM V-Steel 5W
                            TM Rescue 22*
                            4-PW Mix of Mizuno MX-25's and TM RBZ's
                            Wedges: Titleist SM 53* & 56*
                            Ping Ketch
                            Ball: What's on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftygolfer30
                              When and where will it be VBall?
                              hmm... I don't know if I'm allowed to let the cat out of the bag. lol. sorry.
                              Webmaster

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X