PING G5 9* Graffaloy PROTO X Comp NT
    Tour Edge Exotics 15* Adilia NV S
    Adams Tour Prototype 18*
    PING Answer 4-PW Rifle PX 6.0
    Titleist 50, 54, 60
    PING Redwood Answer
    PRO V1 X

Re: Hamilton Golf Show

I went. I think for the most part these shows are a waste of time. Although this year the travelling bug has bit my wife and I and we are going to travel for golf a bit more. Lots of booths to let you know where the travel deals are. Not much in equipment. Especially for a slower swinging lefty like myself. I wanted to try out the new Callaway X hyper driver but all they had was a 9 degree tour model with stiff shaft. Lots of last years stock stuff for sale. I tired to find a deal on a pair of shoes as there were boxes and boxes of them at one booth. But as I am a size 9, probably the most popular size, there were none to be had.

Comment

I coulda been outta there in seven minutes instead of the twenty I stayed.

Much travel info but very little local course info (Willow and Dundas Valley were listed but I never saw Dundas' booth). Some vendors like Cambridge Golf and Fashion but no manufacturers.
      I like big putts and I cannot lie
      You other putters can't deny
      That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
      You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll
        I coulda been outta there in seven minutes instead of the twenty I stayed.

Much travel info but very little local course info (Willow and Dundas Valley were listed but I never saw Dundas' booth). Some vendors like Cambridge Golf and Fashion but no manufacturers.
        Beleive it or not I was there 2 hours. I just had nothing else to do. My hope for that day was that there would be no snow and I'd sneak off to Camisle for nine holes.

Comment

I gave up on the golf shows about 5 years ago. Every year it became more and more a travel show, or a show to create membership with a particular club. Also the line ups to try the latest and greatest became brutal. You can wait another month and hit the clubs at GT.

With the admission price, parking, food etc it was well over $50 for a few hours of walking around and waiting in lines. Same booths every year as well. I'll save the $ and play one more time in the year.
          WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
          Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
          Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
          Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
          Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
          Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
          Heavy Putter A1 33"
          " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

Originally posted by hogannut
            I gave up on the golf shows about 5 years ago. Every year it became more and more a travel show, or a show to create membership with a particular club. Also the line ups to try the latest and greatest became brutal. You can wait another month and hit the clubs at GT.

With the admission price, parking, food etc it was well over $50 for a few hours of walking around and waiting in lines. Same booths every year as well. I'll save the $ and play one more time in the year.
            As I said I was mainly interested in checking out the travel options for golf trips this year. Other wise I pretty much agree with you. Many others must have agreed with you as well as there were no lineups in the 2 hours that I was there, to try out new equipment. There really wasn't much new to try out from what I could see. Not like last year. For me it was something to do on a Saturday afternoon after a big snowstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarman
              As I said I was mainly interested in checking out the travel options for golf trips this year. Other wise I pretty much agree with you. Many others must have agreed with you as well as there were no lineups in the 2 hours that I was there, to try out new equipment. There really wasn't much new to try out from what I could see. Not like last year. For me it was something to do on a Saturday afternoon after a big snowstorm.
              It is attitude like ours why fewer OE's go every year. THeir marketing people have determined no signifigant increases in retail sales result by going to the shows, so why rent the space. THere are demo days at enough courses during the year that people can try out the equipment outside in proper conditions. That along with the fact most retail outlets now have areas to try out the equipment means very few sales are going to come about because of a public trade show.

However, I found some great deals at the shows for travelling, and there are also some good deals for memberships too.
              WHAT SITS ON MY CLIC-GEAR
              Alpha Golf C830.4 SP700 Plasma 10* Platinum 65 gr
              Alpha Golf Version 5 3wd 15* Platinum 65gr
              Alpha Golf C830 19* Platinum 60 gr
              Alpha C2 Fly 4- G/W Platinum 60 gr
              Snake Eyes 675 WB 54* & 58* FST 90 gr
              Heavy Putter A1 33"
              " The secret is in the dirt "....... Ben Hogan

Comment

Originally posted by hogannut
                It is attitude like ours why fewer OE's go every year. THeir marketing people have determined no signifigant increases in retail sales result by going to the shows, so why rent the space. THere are demo days at enough courses during the year that people can try out the equipment outside in proper conditions. That along with the fact most retail outlets now have areas to try out the equipment means very few sales are going to come about because of a public trade show.

However, I found some great deals at the shows for travelling, and there are also some good deals for memberships too.

Yes I was thinking that while I was hitting the one club I did try. It really sucks hitting at a net 20 feet in front of you. Probably the reason I didn't look to try anything else out. Even hitting in to a sim at GT is way more fun.
                I didn't really spend any money there. Just $25 on a dozen grade used Pro V1s from the golf clearance booth. After I left the show I went to GT where I proceeded to spend $400 on a couple of Sunice jackets for my wife and I and a Callaway X 7 wood for myself. I would have spent that money at the show but its tough to spend money when there is really nothing to buy.

Comment

I was there Saturday for 1/2 an hour picked up some brochures for some local courses tried to find shoes, but none in mysize. I did pick up an Adams Golf stand bag for $70.00. Seems quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by hamiltonhacker
                    I was there Saturday for 1/2 an hour picked up some brochures for some local courses tried to find shoes, but none in mysize. I did pick up an Adams Golf stand bag for $70.00. Seems quite good.
                    Yes I tried real hard at that one booth that had all those boxes of shoes but could not find anything I wanted in my size.

Comment

hhhmmm..

what about the golf show in toronto coming up end of Feb? would I expect the same experience there or it would be much bigger show?

anyone who's been to the toronto golf show in the past?

thanks for the info
                      Job511

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                      X