Collapse

Fake r7

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake r7

Just back from golftown and my buddy who works their shows me a fake r7 in for re-grip.man do they look real.and now he will mention it to the customer i wonder what his reaction will be. oh yeah how could he tell. the paint fill were the stiffness is marked was in blue not red on a re-ax 60 shaft and the weights are made of aluminum not tungsten and the stamped no#marking on them are 90 degrees not on a slant damned knockoffs
    GOLF NUT

Never Give Up

Re: Fake r7

You have to be careful when buying off the internet. Personally I would rather go into GT and handle the club, test with it and then buy.

Comment

Originally posted by sliceisnice
      Just back from golftown and my buddy who works their shows me a fake r7 in for re-grip.man do they look real.and now he will mention it to the customer i wonder what his reaction will be. oh yeah how could he tell. the paint fill were the stiffness is marked was in blue not red on a re-ax 60 shaft and the weights are made of aluminum not tungsten and the stamped no#marking on them are 90 degrees not on a slant damned knockoffs
      It is like telling a kid Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy is fake, my suggestion is not to tell the customer.

Comment

I disagree, I think he should tell the guy.

Comment

I would first report the club to TM, then I would tackfully tell the customer and offer him a deal he can't refuse on the same product. Contacting TM and letting them know help them track down counterfiters, and if you speak with the right person at TM they may even help in replacing the club with a real one.

What a kick in the NUTS!!!
          Adams Fast 12ls 9.5 Matrix Code 8X
          Adams XTD 17 Fubki Alpha S
          Adams A12 Pro 3 & 4 Matrix Altus S
          Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW PX 5.5
          Bridgestone J40 52* PX 5.5
          Bridgestone J40 56* S400
          TM Monza Corza #1
          Bridgestone B330 RX

Comment

The customer assumes it is real later finds out its not real. Assumes golftown made a switch. Golftown needs to talk him before he makes an *** of himself.

Comment

I would also tell the customer, if it was me, I would want to know so that I did not pass off it is authentic if I was to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greywolf
                I would also tell the customer, if it was me, I would want to know so that I did not pass off it is authentic if I was to sell it.
                I agree fully.

Comment

Sure....Go break the guy's heart...

I certainly hope GT did not regrip, charge the guy and then tell him the truth.

Comment

Its a damn if you do damn if you dont. I would feel bad for not telling but I think in the long run if I told him I would feel better and he probably would appreciate it in the long run
                    PING G5 9* Graffaloy PROTO X Comp NT
                    Tour Edge Exotics 15* Adilia NV S
                    Adams Tour Prototype 18*
                    PING Answer 4-PW Rifle PX 6.0
                    Titleist 50, 54, 60
                    PING Redwood Answer
                    PRO V1 X

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard