Collapse

A funny thing happened at a Golf North course today

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A funny thing happened at a Golf North course today

Picked up next year's membership today and went across the road to play a round because my course had a tournament.

The parking lot wasn't full and there was no lineup at the first tee, so I figured I was an easy walk on. Nope.

The gentleman behind the counter informed me that they were booked up until 3:30pm, but I was welcome to wait for a no show.

Really?? "Yup." he calmly replied.

I have not heard that since some time in the '80s. What a pleasant round when they don't over stuff the course.
    In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
    and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Seems unimaginable,lots of no shows with the heat .

Comment

Early in the day the course was full. It was just a pleasant surprise to me that a low end Golf North property was not grabbing all the revenue they could by stuffing the course on a weekend.

In the past there would be at least five groups waiting at the tee first thing in the morning, with half of those being unbooked walk ons (in addition to the already full booking).
      In The Bag

Golf clubs

Comment

Interesting. I played Paris on Saturday and it took over 5 hours. There were 4 groups on some holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipless View Post
          Interesting. I played Paris on Saturday and it took over 5 hours. There were 4 groups on some holes.
          I've heard that about Paris a lot which has kept me from venturing out there for a round.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipless View Post
            Maybe its just the course General Manager. They changed two years ago.
            In The Bag

Golf clubs

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X