Collapse

Spring into Golf 2019 reviews feedback comments

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring into Golf 2019 reviews feedback comments

So for those of you who participated in SIG 2019 from attending the golf show and lining up to braving the weather what are the thoughts on this annual promo. Sure golf at $5 to register is hard to beat but other factors as well travel, gas, again the challenging weather, conditions, pace of play all comments opinions welcomed.

I played Sunday Barrie area tee off 945, weather was better than expected, some wet areas but not too bad 2 plugged drives all day. Played decent on the back 9. Great pace of play open hole in front and behind. Lost a new ball on second shot of the round as it hit the cart path and went into bushes. Was charged with mandatory cart fee but walked.

I was signed up at Duntroon Highlands for Sunday and got a call saying the course was over saturated and might not even be open. Luckily they offered to re-book my tee time for any other day which is really cool of them.
    IG: @drewplaysgolf

Comment

These Golf Show twosomes are an annual ritual for us, and we enjoyed it.

Hit Peninsula Lakes down in Niagara area yesterday with a Monday round. Coolish and overcast, which may have affected turnout some, but was glad to have made the trip. Buddy hadn't played since Arizona a month ago, so he was prepared to drive a bit.

Conditions were good, bordering on lush considering the time of year; just two of the three nines were open, with one under maintenance. We got an early start so buzzed around the front nine (Quarry) really quickly, and caught some other blokes on Orchard but still finished in well under 3 hours, so overall good good.

_______
      NQRfPT

Comment

We "double booked" hedging our bets for Sunday....4 Seasons to the north & Whisky Run to the south...Just our luck, 4 Seasons e-mailed us, to say course was unplayable for Sunday, and we can come back anytime until May 15. So, we drove the 90 minutes to Whisky Run (Port Colborne), which we were all surprised how nice a track it was, and they let us move the tee-time from 1130 to 130, which allowed the sun to come out, and although it was chilly, we really enjoyed the day (played 27 in 5 hours) - $15 cart fee

Yesterday (Monday) we played Tangle Creek at 1:50 -- $22 cart fee -- but the course was in really good shape "for Spring" -- except for the sideways sleet/snow that started on 16, again we had a great time, playing all 18 in about 3.5 hours---2 birdies on the first 4 holes did help keep me a lot warmer!
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X