/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

SO HOW ARE WE ALL FEELING AFTER A LONG SEASON??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO HOW ARE WE ALL FEELING AFTER A LONG SEASON??

...Just turned 60 as the season wound down, played 120 rounds this year, all walking and considering the wear and tear on the bod, not feeling too bad this year. A few aches and pains in the lower back, but otherwise a-okay for the most part.

I have had years where elbow issues crept in as the seasons ended (both golfers and tennis elbow in both arms), but my stretching routines, monthly RMT visits, 'Ther-a-band' use, etc. have me feeling better than most years at this juncture.

How about the rest of you nutters? Anyone have any great 'off-season' fitness routines you want to share as we all prep for hopefully a short timeframe before we get back into gear??...

Cheers,

- Ian
    TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S)

TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
    TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
    TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
    TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
    * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
    TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
    TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
    TM TP5 Golf Ball
    Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
    SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
    Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

I only played 6 rounds this year because of our son’s wedding and other commitments. Right now though I’m waiting for tests for both ulnar and carpal tunnel syndrome. Hoping to be ready to play next season. 🤞🤞🤞
    In the Titleist Canada stand bag.....

Titleist 915 D3, 10.5
    Titleist 909 F2 15.5*
    Titleist 910 F2 19*
    Titleist 913H 24*
    Titleist 712 AP1 5-GW
    Vokey SM6 52* (bent to 53*)
    Vokey SM6 58*
    SC Studio Stainless Newport

Comment

Originally posted by Ochoafan View Post
      I only played 6 rounds this year because of our son’s wedding and other commitments. Right now though I’m waiting for tests for both ulnar and carpal tunnel syndrome. Hoping to be ready to play next season. 🤞🤞🤞
      Good luck!!

TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
      TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
      TM TP5 Golf Ball
      Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
      SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Well...in my 70th year, with just over 100 walking rounds this season. So sad to put the clubs away. Of course...just as I was really sorting out my driver issues.

Had some lower back pain problems in the last weeks which are slowly dissipating.

Still in denial I suppose, as I am, subconsciously anyway, still blocking out my regular weekly golf days from other chores and activities. Slow to realize I can now actually do something else on those days. Whodda thunk?

Did a pass at Don Valley the day after closing to look for golf balls. Found around 80 or so that still need cleaning and sorting.

A couple of weeks ago I started getting back on my indoor Zwift bicycle trainer. Plan on many Kms over the winter.

Took out the putting matt yesterday and started putting practice.

Very much ahead of myself this year and have already planted an idea for a new (or used) 7 wood as a Christmas gift.

Plan on re-griping few clubs.

A resolution this winter is to work on a program of stretching and flexibility.

Is it March yet?
        Last edited by Fore Warned; Nov 27, 2023, 07:29 AM.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

With 50 outdoor any many indoor sessions this year and turning 54 in 3 weeks, I had a on-going pain in my right front shoulder. I decided to go to my doctor the first week of Nov for an assessment, after an ultrasound they discovered a torn subcap tendon. Been in physio now for 3 weeks - slowly getting better. Wonder how long it has been like this. The odd thing is, I have no shoulder pain while playing golf....
          Last edited by spas1; Nov 27, 2023, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I've been working with a trainer once a week and doing another workout on my own - designed by my trainer - for the past two months and have noticed a significant improvement in my overall strength. I need to do some cardio on the bike, but so far things are going well. I am doing this for general health as well as for my golf game. I noticed fatigue often after my rounds of golf (walking), plus a lot of stiffness and soreness. If I get added distance from my added strength, that will be a bonus.

Comment

I am feeling great, season ended too early .

Comment

I am 74. Played 95 rounds this year - walking. Feeling very good with no injuries or pain. Grateful for that and looking forward to maintaining a healthy weight and routine this winter.
                I do 45 minutes walking on the treadmill every day and about 30 minutes of core and other exercises. Recently added various lunges. These are challenging but I notice they get easier by the day. Will this translate to more distance? I doubt it. Nowadays it's more about maintaining distance and not losing it with age that is the real challenge. Will do some sim work in the winter - both practicing and playing with friends - usually at Tracer.
                As far as the golf swing goes my mantra is "swing your swing" as per Arnies and Tigers advice. I am copying a link of Tigers advice. It really resonates with me. I find that maintaining a single digit index at my age is very difficult. Over the years I do it better when I stick to my swing. Every time I change it is short term success followed by longer term disappointment. So maintain "my swing" but just get fitter so I can execute it more consistently.

Comment

50 plus rounds and walked quite a few with the electric trolley. Good buy. Some physical issues have crept in. Trying to stretch nightly. One or two sim sessions per week in the winter. Trying to tame the swing but it continues to baffle me. Not a good ball striker. Retired from bball coaching which is leaving a hole.

Comment

Feel great ( now that I am over c19)
                    Hoping to play a couple more times this week. 85 rounds in 2023. Some off and on Chronic back issues probably kept that from being over 100.

Not one of those guys who has ever done much golf stiff over the winter. Usually park the sticks until Spril. Did sneak away last winter for 5 days to visit a friend and did a couple nights with a buddy in a simulator in March.

gonna chill out until the new year, let some of the old man aches and pains settle and we'll decide after that if golf is in play this winter
                    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Started the season in Arizona on April 24, and wrapped up on November 3rd. Estimate 50-55 rounds played at 12+ different courses.

Practiced much more this year than anytime in the last 10 years. Almost enjoyed practicing more than playing sometimes.

The off-season will not involve golf at all. No training clubs, no simulators, no indoor ranges. I want a break from it.

Am walking every day, some days more than others, on a treadmill and outdoors. Am swimming for 90 minutes 3 times per week.

Doing some very light weight training, and a lot of stretching, especially hamstrings which have always been a minor problem.

Planning on some tune-up lessons in the Spring as well as a lot of range time before getting into a regular playing schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post
                        I am 74. Played 95 rounds this year - walking. Feeling very good with no injuries or pain. Grateful for that and looking forward to maintaining a healthy weight and routine this winter.
                        I do 45 minutes walking on the treadmill every day and about 30 minutes of core and other exercises. Recently added various lunges. These are challenging but I notice they get easier by the day. Will this translate to more distance? I doubt it. Nowadays it's more about maintaining distance and not losing it with age that is the real challenge. Will do some sim work in the winter - both practicing and playing with friends - usually at Tracer.
                        As far as the golf swing goes my mantra is "swing your swing" as per Arnies and Tigers advice. I am copying a link of Tigers advice. It really resonates with me. I find that maintaining a single digit index at my age is very difficult. Over the years I do it better when I stick to my swing. Every time I change it is short term success followed by longer term disappointment. So maintain "my swing" but just get fitter so I can execute it more consistently.

https://youtu.be/zvyd8qJYd_U
                        Amazing, I still have years to go thanks to this respnse Playthru!!

TM TP5 Golf Ball
                        Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                        SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
                          Well...in my 70th year, with just over 100 walking rounds this season. So sad to put the clubs away. Of course...just as I was really sorting out my driver issues.

Had some lower back pain problems in the last weeks which are slowly dissipating.

Still in denial I suppose, as I am, subconsciously anyway, still blocking out my regular weekly golf days from other chores and activities. Slow to realize I can now actually do something else on those days. Whodda thunk?

Did a pass at Don Valley the day after closing to look for golf balls. Found around 80 or so that still need cleaning and sorting.

A couple of weeks ago I started getting back on my indoor Zwift bicycle trainer. Plan on many Kms over the winter.

Took out the putting matt yesterday and started putting practice.

Very much ahead of myself this year and have already planted an idea for a new (or used) 7 wood as a Christmas gift.

Plan on re-griping few clubs.

A resolution this winter is to work on a program of stretching and flexibility.

Is it March yet?
                          You raised equipment Fore Warned , and I'm wondering how those who are getting older are adjusting their set ups? I've made some recent changes to my bag, more forgiving irons, flexible shafts, etc. as I've noticed a degradation to my distances...

Risky as I hit more fairways than ever this year, and my GIR was also a personal best. But like most, I'll do anything for a few more yards!!

TM TP5 Golf Ball
                          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

You raised equipment Fore Warned , and I'm wondering how those who are getting older are adjusting their set ups? I've made some recent changes to my bag, more forgiving irons, flexible shafts, etc. as I've noticed a degradation to my distances...

Risky as I hit more fairways than ever this year, and my GIR was also a personal best. But like most, I'll do anything for a few more yards!!
                            I noticed a degradation in distance off the tee this year. I didn't hit the driver over 300 once - the closest was in the low 290's. Whereas in the last several years I would hit a few bombs out there 300-305. My irons are still pretty decent - 9 iron carry around 150-154....

It's funny, my distance is decreasing while my teenage son's in increasing dramatically. He has been hitting some outrageous drives in the 320 range - his best was (wind assisted) 354 at Osprey Hoot.

My plan is to try and incorporate more weight training over the winter....need to try and keep up

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post

I noticed a degradation in distance off the tee this year. I didn't hit the driver over 300 once - the closest was in the low 290's. Whereas in the last several years I would hit a few bombs out there 300-305. My irons are still pretty decent - 9 iron carry around 150-154....

It's funny, my distance is decreasing while my teenage son's in increasing dramatically. He has been hitting some outrageous drives in the 320 range - his best was (wind assisted) 354 at Osprey Hoot.

My plan is to try and incorporate more weight training over the winter....need to try and keep up
                              LOL - If only, my personal best this year was 290 (Achieved once, elevation and wind cooperated nicely)...

I'm averaging close to 245, but hoping I can gain a few yards with the right equipment and post season fitness routine (That was supposed to start last week LOL).

TM TP5 Golf Ball
                              Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                              SkyCaddie SX550 GPS

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X